Top 5 Black Cumin Seed Oil Benefits: What It Is Good For?
Get acquainted with the huge range of black cumin seed oil benefits. It can be taken orally in capsules for everyday health, or via topical application.
Keep Updated About Black Cumin Seed Oil
Black cumin seeds are present in the Nigella Sativa plant which is found in South Asia. It is a shrub and it has purple white flowers. This plant is also found in other regions of the world such as Europe and the Middle-East
The Black Cumin Seed Oil is extracted from this plant and has been used by traditional medicine experts to help in many diseases. In traditional medicine, the number of black cumin seed oil benefits is innumerable.
General health conditions of the body, obesity, stress, hypertension, diabetes, and asthma are some of the problems for which people have been using black cumin seed oil.
Black seeds have been found in the remains of some ancient tombs which highlights its significance as a means of getting healthy in ancient times.
Today, other than the health benefits of black cumin seed oil, it is widely used in cooking and also to bring a certain bitter taste to the foods to which it is added. Black cumin seeds are also known as kalonji or black onion seeds.
Currently, research is exploring the role of black cumin seed oil as an antioxidant. The antioxidant nature of this oil can help address inflammation and its associated symptoms, such as pain.
Top 5 Black Cumin Seed Oil Benefits
Black cumin seed oil is beneficial in managing the symptoms of hypertension and respiratory illnesses such as asthma. The antifungal properties of Black Cumin Seed Oil are also very well documented. It can also manage symptoms of fungal infection such as candidiasis which is caused by a yeast called Candida Albicans.
Consider some of the health benefits of using black cumin seed oil :
Improves GIT mobility
Consuming black cumin seeds or their oil can decrease the episodes of gastric pain. Black Cumin Seed Oil may improve digestion and address other problems of the GI tract such as ulcers, gas accumulation, and bloating of the stomach
Oral intake of black seed oil can help in managing the painful symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis. The antioxidant properties of the oil can be utilized in minimizing the pain born by patients of rheumatoid arthritis.
Some people with mild hypertension have reported that they benefited from regular intake of black cumin seed oil. Noticeable results were seen in patients with hypertension when they continuously took black cumin seed oil for two months or more. Check with your doctor if you are taking any medications for high blood pressure.
Checks cholesterol level
The contents of black cumin seed oil include oleic acid and linoleic acid. The exact percentage of these good fatty acids is not fixed as it varies in different varieties of plants and their growth conditions. Black cumin seed oil benefits include its role as an agent that reduces cholesterol levels and promotes good fat accumulation in the body. Check with your doctor if you are taking any medications for high cholesterol.
Helps in breathing
Inflammation of the upper respiratory system is a common symptom of asthma and bronchitis. The black cumin seed oil has anti-inflammatory characteristics that can help in reducing inflammation. This can allow patients suffering from asthma or bronchitis to breathe easily.
What Is Black Cumin Seed Oil Good For?
Black cumin seed oil benefits are not limited to health benefits There are many other practical applications as well. It can be used for skin that is prone to certain types of skin disorders. Some of the skin health related applications of Black Cumin Seed Oil are:
- A topical application prepared by adding Black Cumin Seed Oil can help in reducing acne and relieves skin issues such as vitiligo and hand eczema.
- A study published in the Journal of Dermatology & Dermatologic Surgery observed that participants of the study had an overall improvement of more than sixty percent in the severity of their acne vulgaris outbreak.
- The application of black cumin seed oil on the patches formed as a result of psoriasis can help in reducing the frequency of their occurrence.
- It can also be used to soften dry and scaly skin by using lotions and other topical applications that have black cumin seed oil as one of the ingredients.
- Black cumin seed oil can also aid in the healing of wounds. The anti-inflammatory property of the black cumin seed oil reduces the inflammation at the site of the wound and controls the discomfort and pain felt by the wounded person.
- It is antibacterial. It helps eradicate bacteria, parasites, and fungi due to the presence of Thymoquinone in NS oil. The antibacterial property prevents the wound from getting infected with a bacterium or other pathogens.
- Black cumin seed oil is also known to be an antioxidant packed product.
- Anti-hyperglycemia. Studied for its effects on lowering FBS, triglycerides, LDL-C, and HbA1c in patients with type-2 diabetes.
- The oil also possesses cancer-fighting properties and ulcer development is slowed down by its use. According to one study in the NCBI database, “It is effective against cancer in the blood system, lung, kidney, liver, prostate, breast, cervix, skin with much safety.”
- Blood and heart health is affected positively by its anti-toxicity effects.
- Liver and kidney protection and strengthens the respiratory system.
- Reported to help in learning, memory, and attention improvement.
- Male fertility effects.
Black seed cumin oil may help counter obstructive respiratory disorders similar to those like Covid-19. After some research, it has been suggested that Nigella sativa could be a hope to decelerate the effects of the virus of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Black Cumin Seed Oil is packaged into capsules for daily consumption. It is also sold as oil that can be taken by the spoonful or applied to the skin and hair. Because of all its wonders and Dibe benefits, black cumin seed oil is yet another usual supplement to have around your medicine cabinet and kitchen.
High-Quality Black Cumin Seed Oil Supplement
Black cumin seed oil also comes in the form of supplements. The wonderful plant Nigella sativa is sourced out naturally and captured in a 500mg capsule. The result is a high-quality black cumin seed oil supplement that conveys all the benefits in an easy-to-swallow capsule. Whole Family Products Black Cumin Seed Oil is pure and effective.
Is Black Cumin Seed Oil Safe?
The discussion regarding the safety of black cumin seed oil is still ongoing. It has been known to enhance the effect of some medications that are metabolized by the cytochrome 450 pathway. Therefore, it is important to discuss your current medication regimen with your healthcare provider before starting to take black cumin seed oil. Also, it is worth noting that black cumin seed oil is not an alternative for a medication that you are taking for any other medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider before making any changes to your medical regimen.