First Time Eyebrow Threading? - 12 Tips from Waters Edge Salon Spa
There's no going back once you've tried Threading. Seriously, it's a one-way ticket to better brows no matter what you're starting with.
If you are new to the ancient Indian hair removal technique, let us enlighten you. The cotton-twisting treatment is not at all scary. But it's nice to know what to expect, so we've broken it down for you:
1. Bearable pain. Depending on the therapist/your tolerance/the time of the month threading feels like tweezing multiple hairs at once.
2. One at a time. You'll be asked to pull your eyelids in opposing directions, so the skin is taught and easy for the therapist to work on. If they assume you've been before, expecting you to know what to do, ask, and they'll be happy to explain! Clarification is key!
Courtesy of BrowsbyLynette
3. Don't wear lots of eye makeup (for the above reason) or it may smudge everywhere. If it does, not to worry, we can remove it or help you re-apply it if you’re on your lunch break or going somewhere afterwards.
4. Be prepared for the therapist to forgo asking what shape you want and let them work using their skills and instinct. Many know which types of faces need certain brow shapes. But, if you're growing out your arches, for example, be sure to specify, and they should advise you on the best strategy.
5. They might question whether you want your brows trimmed or not after threading. It is optional but it makes any unruly hairs look neater. If you have especially fine hair or sparse brows you might want to decline.
6. Check the results, carefully. When the shaping is complete, they'll show you the results in a handheld mirror. It's easy to automatically say “great!” — but look closely and ask for tweaks if you're not 100% happy. They are your brows after all!
7. Next comes the aftercare. Say “yes” to it. It will be cooling and soothing to your skin, and plus it will help to reduce immediate redness.
8. The redness. You will temporarily experience rosy skin (some suffer worse than others), so you might not want to go straight out on a date afterwards. But it'll last an hour or so, max.
9. Massage? Depending on your availability when you have your brows threaded, you may want to ask during scheduling for an Indian-style head massage afterwards added on to your appointment package. Making any pain you felt previously melt away or while waiting for the redness to fade.
10. The therapist may fill-in your brows with product if you wish. But you'll be told not to apply concealer/foundation afterwards and don't ignore the advice. Makeup can clog the pores left open by the hair removal and cause spots on your skin.
11. Your freshly threaded brows will be easier to fill in yourself, making the morning makeup routine quicker. Saving time and effort! Bonus!
12. You'll also save time on tweezing. There's no need to “pluck” between appointments! Feel free to pre-book another appointment before you leave and before you feel the need. Usually, every 4 weeks is good. Pre-booking is the key to proper eyebrow maintenance. Book with us!
Also, don't forget to enjoy the experience! Your therapist wants you to enjoy your appointment, so have fun!
Book your threading appointment with Waters Edge Salon Spa!
Feel free to call us at: 905-631-1101
Or visit Waters Edge Salon & Spa at 2097 Old Lakeshore Road in Burlington.
Look Fabulous, Feel Fabulous!