5 Amazing Things to do in Valleta
Valletta, the pride of the Mediterranean has beautiful gardens, lip smacking food markets, grand palaces which will leave with beautiful memories.
Valletta is a city located in the Mediterranean region and is famous mainly for its vast coastline and historical sites. It is the capital of Malta and is also a World Heritage Site. Visit City's official website here
Some of the popular places that you can visit on a tour to Valletta are :
1. Take photos of the spectacular view from Upper Barrakka Gardens: Take a break from the busy crowded city life and visit this garden to unwind yourself. The stunning views of the harbour and the various beautiful flowers and trees. Don’t forget to see the Saluting Battery which is a major attraction here.
2. Explore your spiritual side at the Shrine of our Lady of Mount Carmel: Visit this shrine built for the devotees of Mary and participate in the daily mass to offer prayers. You also can just relax at the grove or take in the serene beauty of the lake nearby.
3. Relive the prehistoric times at the National Museum of Archaeology: You will be amazed at the amazing classic archaeology of the museum. You will find it interesting to discover the tools used by men and women during the prehistoric times and also the artifacts on display like the Bronze daggers.
National Museum of Archaeology
4. Visit the splendid grandeur of the Grand master's Palace : You will be thrilled to see the marvelous interiors of this palace that once housed the knights. It will be exciting to view the huge collection of Armour suits and also weapons like the crossbow and muskets. Don’t forget to see the Armour corridor with portraits of Grand masters.
Grand Masters Palace
5. Taste the delicious varieties of cuisine at Is - Suq Tal - Belt Valletta food market: A food lover’s paradise where you can taste a wide range of cuisines like Asian , Turkish, Maltese etc. Walk around the numerous stalls and taste the mouthwatering pizzas or select any other food of your choice.
A tour to Valletta will stay in your memories forever especially the majestic Baroque architecture, its war museums and artifacts, grand churches and scenic gardens.