5 Cool Things in Fukuoka
Fukuoka, a dynamic city with beautiful beaches, temple, theme park. Children and adults can both have fun in this amazing city of Fukuoka.
Fukuoka is a highly progressive city located in the Kyushu region of Japan. Millions of tourists from all over the world come to see its temples, beaches, parks, museums etc. With the service sector industry as its main focus, Fukuoka is also very encouraging in the speedy development of start-ups. Visit city's official website here.
The following places should be on your list if you are visiting Fukuoka:
1. Watch the fun-loving Dolphins at Marine world Umino – Nakamich: Explore marine life at the huge world class water tanks and watch the actual feeding of fish by divers. Watch the spectacular Dolphin and seal show and be amused at the many antics of the dolphins and seals
2. Have a relaxing time at the scenic pond at Ohori Park: Visit this park to have a rejuvenating time away from the busy crowds of the city. Take a walk along the path, or have a seat and admire the scenic view of the beautiful pond at the park’s centre.
3. Buy souvenirs at Tenjin Underground Shopping center: You can buy traditionally designed bags or fans as gifts for your friends. There are more than 100 outlets where you can shop for the latest trendy dresses, cosmetics or dine at any of the multi cuisine restaurants.
4. Watch the amazing floats at Kushida Shrine: Visit this ancient shrine especially during festival time in July when the gigantic floats are displayed. Drink the water at the miraculous fountain which is believed to give longevity. There is also a 1000-year-old tree gingko tree at the entrance.
5. Fun with kids at Kashi Kaen theme park: Surely visit this theme park with your kids and watch them have an amazing time there enjoying the new three-dimensional maze, Ferris wheel, battery car and many more attractions there.
Fukuoka is definitely one of the most livable cities in Japan due to its proximity to East Asia, well developed infrastructure, plentiful job and business opportunities and clean natural surroundings. It is truly one of the most dynamic cities in Japan.