Amazing things to do in Auckland
Auckland, an ultra modern city rooted in deep traditional values has beautiful places to visit. Do not forget to miss to do these five things when in Auckland
Auckland is a major city in New Zealand with a large Polynesian population. It has made very significant developments in education, commerce, and other areas as well and is the major financial centre in New Zealand. It is ranked among the top most liveable cities in the world and is notable for its moderate climate, stunning landscape, museums, art galleries, parks, hotels etc. Visit city's official website here
On a tour to Auckland these places must be visited :
1. Play with ducks at Auckland Domain: Be sure to visit this wonderful park and delightfully watch the ducks swim around at the beautiful pond. Go to the domain area which is now an amphitheatre and was originally a volcanic crater, and click photos of the scenic view at the rim of the crater
2. Watch the amazing art collection at Auckland Art gallery: Pay a visit to this top rated art gallery in New Zealand, and admire both its contemporary and old art collection including noted art works like ‘A view in Dusky Bay’ and ‘Mother and Child’ to name a few.
3. Meet the Penguins at Kelly Tarlton’s Sea Life Aquarium: Your Kids will love this amazing aquarium with its various sections like the Antarctic Ice adventure where you can watch the friendly penguins moving about in their icy homes. Go to the shark tunnel and try spotting the Wobble gong Shark camouflaged between the rocks.
Kelly Tartlon Aquarium
4. Dine at the revolving restaurant at the iconic Sky Tower: Visit this amazingly tall landmark and view the beautiful volcanoes and other hot spots of the city from the revolving restaurant while eating your favorite meal. Don’t forget to buy souvenirs for your trip from the Sky Tower gift shop.
5. Taste the wines at Waiheke Island: You can relax at the beautiful Onerca beach or go kayaking in the waters at Waiheke Island. Also remember to taste the fine collection of wines at Waiheke’s renowned winery.
Rightly voted as one of the most affordable cities to live in, Auckland is truly blessed with the right blend of culture, education, sports, infrastructure, leisure activities and scenic natural surroundings.