Top 5 things to do in Rio De Janeiro
Rio De Janeiro, where the fun never ends is a city full of live. Pack your bags and be ready to fulfill your life with fun, experiences and memories!
One of the most visited places in the world, Rio De Janeiro is known for its scenic beaches, fun loving people and sports culture. It bears the distinction of being the first South American city to host the Olympics in 2016. It is also home to the football greats Ronaldo and Romario. A tour to the city should include its stunning beaches, mountains, museums, parks besides experiencing the magic of its many carnivals.
Your itinerary should include the following:
1. Visit the very tall iconic ‘Christ the Redeemer’: Take a guided tour to the Corcovado mountains and watch the amazing 30 feet landmark statue of Christ the Redeemer at the top. At the summit, you also get a spectacular view of the entire city of Rio.
Christ the Reedemer
2. Get soaked at the breath taking Iguazu Falls: Take a thrilling boat ride under the Iguazu Falls and be prepared to be completely wet. The falls has been a location for many Hollywood movies including one of the Indian Jones series. Reputed to be even taller than Niagara falls, its stunning natural beauty will leave you wonder struck.
3. Relax on the sands and take pics of the sunset at Ipanema Beach: Be sure to visit this sprawling beach and sunbathe at its pristine sands or just watch the sun go down from a specially erected viewpoint while sipping your favourite drink,
4. Have your pics taken at the Escadaria Selaron : Be sure to include a visit to the hottest tourist spot, the Selaron steps, and pose for photos with the vibrant colourful steps as a backdrop. You will be full of praise for the Chilean artist Selaron, designer of the steps, which includes tiles from all parts of the world.
5. Take a nature walk to Rio de Janeiro Botanical Garden and get rejuvenated : Spend a relaxing and enlightening time with this collection of tropical plants from the entire globe. You will surely not miss the very tall 100 feet high royal palms. Also pay a visit to the herbarium with its vast specimen collection and the library.
Rio de Janeiro is indeed a city worth visiting at least once in your lifetime for its wonderful beaches, carnivals, restaurants, sporting activities and friendly people