5 things not to miss in Kauai
A Paradise on Earth, Kauai is a perfect place to visit for the nature lovers. The pristine water and green surroundings offers panoramic view.
Kauai, also known also as ‘Garden Isle’ is a beautiful island believed to be the oldest of the Hawaiian island group. It is a paradise on earth with its share of beaches, rain forests and hills. Its breath-taking locales have been part of many a Hollywood film. With its mesmerizing beauty, its resorts, expansive golf courses, restaurants and numerous fun activities, it is the perfect getaway spot for tourists and adventure seekers from all over the globe. Visit the city's official travel website here
A brief guide for exploring the wonders of Kauai:
1. Take a sunbath and have fun snorkelling at Anahola Bay: Have the time of your life on the white sands of one of Kauai’s beautiful beaches Anahola. Participate in snorkelling and swimming activities under the watchful eyes of skilled lifeguards or sunbathe in the sand taking in the beauty of the tranquil blue waters.
2. Hike to the magnificent Waimea Canyon: Take a hike along the very scenic trails that lead to the ‘Grand Canyon of the Pacific’ Waimea Canyon on the west side. Take Instagram worthy pictures of the awesome splendor of the landscape laced with red volcanic dirt.
3. Tour the breath-taking locales of ‘Jurassic Park’ or ‘Avatar’ at Na Pali coast: You can take a tour of the stunning locales of Avatar or Jurassic Park at Na Pali, at the north side, and learn how these iconic movies were shot from the expert guides who have themselves worked with the film’s crew.
Na Pali Coast
4. Have fun swimming and scuba diving at Niihau: Go to Niihau, also named ‘Forbidden Island where you will be fascinated by the abundant variety of fish and other marine life. A lifetime experience of scuba diving or swimming in the crystal-clear waters along with the vibrant purple or parrot fish shouldn’t be missed. Don’t forget to take photos of the very rare Hawaiian Monk Seal, if you are lucky to spot one.
5. Meditate at the Hindu Monastery at East Kauai: Enter the east side of Kauai, and discover your spiritual side at the Hindu Monastery there and bask in the peaceful meditative atmosphere and observe the ceremonies performed.
Truly a fascinating place to be on anybody’s Bucket list, Kauai has everything you will wish to see in a lifetime and will make you coming back again and again.