Paleo Mini Meatloaves
I absolutely love this recipe from Paleo Spirit!
- 2 pounds ground meat – mixture of grass fed beef and/or pork and/or veal
- 10 oz. frozen, chopped spinach
- 1-2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 6 oz. mushrooms, finely diced
- 2 carrots, grated or finely diced
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Thaw the spinach, squeeze out the excess water and set aside.
- Heat a pan on medium heat, add the oil and fry the onions and mushrooms until the onions are translucent and some of the liquid has cooked out of the mushrooms. Set aside to cool.
- Place the ground meat in a large bowl, add the spinach, carrots, mushroom/onion mixture, beaten eggs, coconut flour and all the spices. Use your hands to combine it well but do not overmix.
- Fill 18 regular size muffin tins to the top with the meatloaf mixture. (Greasing the tins may be a good idea if the meat you’re using is fairly lean)
- Cook for 20-25-30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- Allow to cool and use a knife to loosen meatloaves from sides of the pan before removing.
I love topping my mini meatloaves with a marinara or tomato sauce. ENJOY!
For more healthy and delicious recipes check out Thrive's Pinterest Page!