Water is essential to your survival!
You Are Mostly Water And What Does That Mean?
Water is your body's most important nutrient, is involved in every bodily function, and makes up approximately 70% of your total body weight. Babies have as much as 80-90% water at birth & elderly people near death are as low as 50% water.
According to H.H. Mitchell, Journal of Biological Chemistry 158, the brain and heart are composed of 73% water, and the lungs are about 83% water. The skin contains 64% water, muscles and kidneys are 79%, and bones are 31% water.
Water is absolutely essential to the human body’s survival. A person can live for about a month without food, but only a few days without water.
After oxygen, it is THE most essential element for life and good health.
About 70% of the earth’s surface is covered by water.
Water with all its amazing properties is a prerequisite for life.
We need water to survive!
What is water's role in your body?
- Primary ingredient of both blood and lymph
- Transports nutrients and oxygen to our 100 trillion cells
- Carries away toxins - waste products and carbon dioxide
- Aids in digestion - Water is a lubricant, which prevents friction between the moving parts in your body, and allows the slippery movement of food through your digestive system.
- Maintains body temperature
- Metabolizes body fat
- Lubricates and cushions organs
- Forms saliva
- Lubricates joints
- Regulates body temperature
Are your drinking enough?
- It is essential you stay hydrated by drinking at least half your body weight in ounces of pure water a day.
- Soft drinks, coffee, tea, and alcohol do not count and in fact contribute to dehydration in your body
Studies have shown that seemingly the following conditions can be a result of not drinking enough water....
- stress and depression
- high blood cholesterol
- high blood pressure
- excess body weight
- chronic fatigue
- asthma and allergies
- insulin-independent diabetes
- rheumatoid arthritis
- back problems
and a host of lesser complaints such as headaches are due to dehydration in some way.
Benefits of Drinking More Water!
- Water helps to maintain healthy body weight by increasing metabolism and regulating appetite.
- Water leads to increased energy levels. The most common cause of daytime fatigue is actually mild dehydration.
- For a majority of sufferers, drinking water can significantly reduce joint and/or back pain.
- Water leads to overall greater health by flushing out wastes and bacteria that can cause disease.
- Water can prevent and alleviate headaches. Dehydration is the main cause of headaches.
- Water naturally moisturizes skin and ensures proper cellular formation underneath layers of skin to give it a healthy, glowing appearance.
- Water aids in the digestion process and prevents constipation.
- Water is the primary mode of transportation for all nutrients in the body and is essential for proper circulation.
Make your body happy and drink more water!
To your health!