My 10 Favorite Brain Foods (Part 2)
Here are the next 5 foods that will protect your brain and give you the energy and vitality you need to overcome mental fog and fatigue.
To live a healthy life we need to be conscious about the food we put into our body. Different foods can have different affect. Both positive and negative. These are some powerful brain foods that can boost your mental alertness and fuel your brain.
If you missed the first 5 check out "My 10 Favorite Brain Foods (pt. 1)"
1) Green Leafy Vegetables
- Spinach, kale, collard greens
- Good sources of vitamin E and folate
- Wild deepwater fish rich in Omega-3s and DHA
- Sardines are also good
- Reduces inflammation and helps boost antioxidant levels
- Keeps your immune system healthy
- Improves brain’s oxygen intake to you alert and able to process information
Jim Kwik a world expert in speed-reading, memory improvement, and optimal brain performance says:
"I start my days with turmeric tea. I combine turmeric, pepper (to absorb the turmeric better), honey, coconut oil, and hot water."
- High levels of antioxidants and zinc
- Rich in vitamin E, which protects your neurons
- Wards off brain-aging conditions
- Lots of magnesium, which improves your mood and thus your brain
5) Dark Chocolate
- Improves your focus, concentration, and mood
- Stimulates endorphins
- Generally, the darker the chocolate, the purer and better for your brain
BONUS - Water
Your brain and body are about 75% water
Several studies show that well-hydrated people score better on brainpower tests
Blend water, green leafy vegetables, blueberries, avocado, and coconut oil for an easy brain smoothie!
This content is from Jim Kwik's podcast | Kwik Brain 005: My 10 Favorite Brain Foods |