5 Ways In-Home Care Can Help While You're On a Long Term Care Wait List
Are you on the long term care waiting list? Here are the top 5 ways that home care by Retire-At-Home Services can help.
Many families caring for an aging parent or grandparent in Kitchener-Waterloo-Cambridge, will ultimately feel that the next step in the care giving journey is to apply for a bed in a Long Term Care Home (LTC). Once their loved one qualifies and is accepted by the Waterloo-Wellington Local Health Integrated Network (WWLHIN), they will go onto a waiting list for a bed in one of the LTC Homes of their choice.
This is often a very stressful time for the family - the average wait time for a bed can vary anywhere between 30 days and 4 years depending on the LTC homes you choose.
It is during this waiting period that families can often find it difficult to cope with meeting the increasing care needs of their loved one. Retire-At-Home Services can help during this challenging time.
Below are the top 5 ways in-home care can help while you or a loved one are on a waiting list for a long term care facility!
1. Our trained Personal Support Workers can assist with your loved one's growing personal care needs.
2. We can provide overnight care which can be especially helpful for families that are experiencing “caregiver burnout”.
3. We can provide respite care for the families in order to give them a “break” from their caregiving duties.
4. Our experienced caregivers can provide additional companionship and meaningful interaction for family members with dementia.
5. We can make life easier for families and their loved one by helping them with an entire array of home support services like laundry, meal preparation and light housekeeping.
Retire-At-Home Services Kitchener-Waterloo-Cambridge provides compassionate elder care with in-home nursing services and can help families and their loved ones through this stressful time.
Interested in exploring post-retirement care options outside of long term care facilities? Retire-At-Home Services Kitchener-Waterloo-Cambridge provides compassionate elder care with in-home nursing services that help seniors stay healthy at home.
Visit the team at Retire-At-Home Services Kitchener-Waterloo-Cambridge HERE!
Not in the Kitchener-Waterloo-Cambridge area? Contact us HERE and we can help you get in touch with a professional in your area!