Step By Step Guide to Fill New PAN Card Application Form
Permanent Account Number (PAN) is a unique 10 character alpha-numeric number that is issued to individuals & organizations (anyone who has a legal identity).
The PAN card is an extremely important document in India today. It is a unique 10 character alpha-numeric number. You need this number for a range of financial dealings like opening a bank account, applying for a credit card/loan, etc. You can also use this as your identity proof, date of birth (DOB) proof and signature proof.
The Income Tax department allots this number to individuals and organizations. The number for each category of recipients follows a particular pattern.
So, an applicant must fill the new PAN card application form with caution, so that he/she receives the card without delay. But you need to remember one thing. You must provide the details of your Aadhaar if you want to go for a new PAN card application.
You need to fill form 49A for PAN card application.
The steps to fill the PAN card application form are as follows:
• Go to https://www.tin-nsdl.com/
• Select the option “new PAN.” This will take you to Form 49A, which is the PAN card application form for Indian citizens & Non-Resident Indians (NRI)
• Select “category” – individual or organization
• Provide your details like name, DOB, email, mobile number, etc
• Click “submit.” You will receive a token number. Click on “continue.” You can keep a screenshot of the token number page.
• In the next page, you will have to choose the mode by which you would want to proceed – digital submission via e-KYC & e-sign, or submit through e-sign the images you have scanned, or submit the documents physically
• Provide your parents’ names, Aadhaar details etc
• Provide details related to your source of income, communication address, etc
• Provide the details of AO (Assessing Officer) number, type, range code, etc
• Upload the supporting documents for new PAN card application form, your photograph & your signature
• Make the payment (Rs 101 for card delivery within India, Rs 1011 for card delivery outside India, Rs 66 for only e-PAN card. All charges include 18% GST). You can pay via debit/credit card, netbanking or Demand Draft (in favor of “NSDL-PAN” payable at Mumbai).
• Authenticate your Aadhaar details
• Take a print of the receipt (which will also include the 15 digit acknowledgment number) and sign it. Then send it to the NSDL office in Pune.
• You will receive your PAN card at the address for communication that you have mentioned, within 15-20 days after the NSDL office receives your application.
Hence, if you don’t have your PAN yet, don’t delay any further. Apply for it, follow the step-by-step suggestion as above – and soon you will have with you this very essential document.