Acupuncture vs Dry needling Treatments
Dry Needling is a modern pain relief treatment method while Acupuncture is an ancient method developed in China, which is a form of alternative medicine!
What is Acupuncture & Dry Needling?
Acupuncture is an ancient Chinese Medical treatment which is based upon the energy flows from the meridian to its corresponded organ.
Dry Needling is a modern method of treating muscular dysfunction which makes the muscle sore and relieves pain when trigger points treated.
- Acupuncture deals with the energy flows or qi. The acupuncture points are the meridians through which the energy flows, and each meridian corresponds to an organ.
- Dry Needling is the modern method of triggering points in the muscle, which may have potentially caused the muscular dysfunctioning.
- Acupuncture is practiced by Acupuncture Practitioner & needs to know the selection of right meridian.Acupuncture is used in treating many internal problems like digestive system, migraine, anxiety, depression, insomnia.
- Dry Needling can be practised by any doctors it more or less relates to the knowledge of musculoskeletal medicine.
- Acupuncture needles cause pain on the superficial layer of the skin which quickly goes away, relaxing the patient in few moments.
- Dry needling technique uses trigger point dry needle which develops the trigger points in the muscle, causing muscular dysfunctioning & stress in the surrounding areas.
- Acupuncture technique releases the trigger point leading to crampy/twitchy responses.
Dry Needling Technique
Each of the two techniques outweighs the other similarity and differences, hence opting for one which is suitable for your condition is the right one for you. Some patients undergo a combination of treatments using both dry needling and acupuncture, and they are proven effective. Read more...