What is Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy is treatment to restore, maintain, and make the most of a patient’s mobility, function, and well-being.
Parkway Foot & Back Clinic is a full-service, leading Pain Management Clinic in Stoney Creek. They include Chiropractic Care and Back Care services, Foot Care and Chiropody, Acupuncture, Massage Therapy, Shockwave Therapy and Physiotherapy.
Physiotherapy helps through physical rehabilitation, injury prevention, and health and fitness.
Physiotherapists get you involved in your own recovery.
Physiotherapy can help people learn to manage pain from back ailments, diabetes, heart disease, knee injury, or sports injury.
Physiotherapy offers a range of specialized services of benefit to patients with heart and lung disease, traumatic, workplace and athletic injuries, amputations, arthritic joints, stroke, brain injury, spinal cord and nerve injury, cancer and pre- and post-surgical needs.
What can I expect at Physiotherapy?
Your session will be unique, because it is all about you and your particular needs. In general, here’s what happens:
- The physiotherapist learns about your medical history
- The physiotherapist assesses and diagnoses your condition
- You receive a treatment plan that sets goals for you
- You are prescribed a course of exercises and any assistive devices needed
What are the Benefits of Physiotherapy
1. Minimize pain to live an active lifestyle.
2. A treatment plan is customized as each client has specific concerns
3. Physiotherapy can be the difference between staying home or heading out to enjoy the day.
4. Physiotherapy is a medication-free alternative to solving common ailments.
5. Injury can cause not only limited movement but without proper treatment, some injuries can return. Physiotherapy can reduce the chances of recurring injury.
6. Physiotherapy has also been known to improve the quality of your sleep. Better sleep means better recovery.
Use the form below to send Parkway Back & Foot Clinic a message with how we can help with Physiotherapy or one of our other therapies and let us help you live a better, more active pain free life.