Curl Defining Cream: Your Secret to Achieve Beautiful Curls That Last
Have you ever dreamt of having beautiful curls that last throughout the day? What you need is a curl defining cream. Learn how your hair can benefit from it.
Women who are born with natural curls usually have a hard time managing their curls. However, it’s also the same case with women who are born with straight hair. They too struggle to make their curls last. That is why, whenever we see models, actresses, and other women who possess perfect curls, we tend to get jealous and confused how they achieved it.
Sometimes, we can't help but ask ourselves as well: “Does the hair care products and heat styling tools we use matter to help us get those perfect curls that last longer?” For ordinary women, that question is difficult to answer. But as your hair care expert, we at Osensia can guarantee that a curl defining cream is one product that will put an end to your struggles.
n this article, we will reveal our long-kept secrets on how to achieve and manage those beautiful curls, and how a curl defining cream can help make those curls last longer.
1. Before taking a shower, take note of some important things.
You have to take note that the hair result will depend on the products you apply and how you care for it. To achieve your ideal curls, you have to do these things:
- Wash your hair with cold water to close cuticles and make hair lay smoothly. Having a smooth hair gives good texture, adds shine, and keeps it healthy.
- It is not advised to apply conditioner when washing your hair since it will cause your hair to become soft and smooth, making it difficult to hold your curls for too long.
- Avoid using a hair brush because it can cause your curls to get ruined and break. You can use either your fingers or a wide-tooth comb to keep your curls intact.
- For those with naturally curly hair, it is recommended to comb your hair starting from the tips to the roots. It is the gentlest thing you can do and it would be easier to detangle the knots.
- For beautiful results, don’t wash your hair before curling it. It is believed to be the secret to achieve beautiful curls. We'll discuss this further below.
2. Avoid washing your hair before curling it.
Do you know that curling your hair 2-3 days after not getting it washed would give you a greater chance to perfect those lovely curls? Here's the science behind it. Thanks to the natural oils that comes from your scalp, your hair gets a coarse texture, which then provides the necessary hold your curls need without having to use a hair mousse.
If you think that’s enough, you can actually achieve better curls once you apply a curl defining cream like O So Curly Wave and Curl Booster from Osensia. Promise, your curls will definitely last long!
Although we can’t deny the fact that not washing your hair every day can make it oily and not fresh, thanks to dry shampoo, your hair will still smell and look good.
3. Make sure to use the right hair care products.
Before or after using a blow-dryer and curling your hair, make sure you use any of the following products to help keep your curls last longer:
Heat Protectant Spray
Using a heat protectant spray before blow-drying hair is the most important thing to do. It will help protect your hair against heat damage and from becoming dry. If you are looking for a guaranteed product, you can try Osensia’sO so Fearless Thermal Spray.Promise, it’s worth every penny!
Using the best hair mousse before blow-drying will reduce moisture, which strengthens the hold of the curls. Make sure you apply the right amount of mousse from the tips through the ends of your hair.
Curl Defining Cream
You will need a curl defining cream to prolong hold, reduce frizz, and add definition to your curls. If you opt for an organic and natural cream, check out our Osensia’sO so Wow Wave & Curl Boost. This product suits different types of hair. To use, apply it on your dry hair from roots to tips and blow-dry after.
Apply a small amount of hair spray to your hair. This helps keep the hold of your curls longer.
4. Buy heat styling tools that are worthy of your hard-earned cash.
Choosing the best heat styling tool is a difficult job as there are many great options to choose from. Remember that the main goal here is to look for a good quality and performance heat styling tool, though it can be expensive.
Right now, you may be asking, “Are high-priced heat styling tools worth the money?” Well, it surely is! It may be pricey, but think of the health benefits that your hair can get from it. They're proven to be safe for your hair, will cause little to no damage, and gives the exact heat that you will need.
The ideal curling tools are commonly made with ceramic or tourmaline materials. They are safe to use for your hair. To use a heat curling tool to achieve beautiful curls, set it to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. If you will wear high extensions, set it to a low heating mode since it’ll less likely cause damage to fake hair.
5. Use bobby pins and clips to hold your curls.
If you decide to curl your hair with a curling iron or a curling wand, start by dividing it into sections. And then, start curling by section. Once done, attach a bobby pin or clip and let it stay for a few minutes until it has cooled down.
After a few minutes, remove the pins and clips. You will notice that as you let the pins go, the curls will stay in place. If you apply a curl defining cream, it’ll stay like that for a longer period of time.
For a sassy style, gently whip your hair to the side. Brush the curls slowly if you want to achieve a certain look. Keep your hair dry if possible. The same tips apply to hair extensions as well.
6. Use a texturizing spray to achieve a certain hairstyle.
Instead of using a hair spray, you can use a texturizing spray. Other than adding texture to your curls, it also provides more hold, acts as a volumizer, works as a dry shampoo, and helps get rid of the excess oils as well.
Another great thing about a texturizing spray is it contains UV protectants that help shield your hair from the dulling effects of heat damage. Even if you use a texturizing spray, you still have the option to use a hair spray while curling your hair.
To reap more hair health benefits naturally, use OsensiaO so Bright Shine Spray,which will add shine and brightness to any hair types and keep your hair healthy at the same time.
7. If you want to hold those perfect curls for days, consider our sleeping and shower tips.
Yes, you can hold those curls for days by following these tips:
Before, During, or After Sleeping:
- Use a satin pillowcase when sleeping to keep bed head under control and reduce friction and frizz on your hair.
- For those with longer hair, tie your hair up and use an elastic band loosely to make sure it will stay in place. The next morning, you’ll be surprised that your curls are still intact.
- For those with shorter hair, simply divide your hair into two sections and gently position both sections to opposite sides to avoid flattening the curls.
- For those with curly short hair, if you have a hard time drying your hair or if you’re in a hurry, use a shower cap to prevent it from getting it wet.
- If you have a long hair and you don’t feel like washing your curls, use the pineapple technique. Loosely tie it into a high ponytail hairstyle. The following day, use the right amount of hair spray to secure the locks.
- When washing your hair, avoid using heavy hair care products as they can cause your curls to weigh down and get ruined. Instead, look for a lightweight shampoo and a lightweight conditioner to help keep the curls last.
8. What if you have already done all the tips mentioned above, and yet, your curls did not last long?
You might be using a plethora of hair care products that are not intended for your hair type. So, make it a habit to always check the label of the product you are using.
If you are using the right products, but you are still not seeing the results you want, it could be because your hair has been overly damaged from using tons of hair care products. If that is the case, it’s time to give your hair a treatment. As much as possible, get it trimmed to also remove split ends.
As long as you have healthy hair, it will be easier to achieve those perfect curls and make it last long. Of course, the use of natural hair care products plays a vital role. Most importantly, to keep your hair healthy and your curls defined, use a curl defining cream from Osensia. Try it now!