17 Benefits of AERIAL YOGA
Aerial Yoga is an incredible way to increase core strength, upper body strength, and flexibility while having fun!!!
Aerial Yoga is an incredible way to increase core strength, upper body strength, and flexibility while having fun!!! This complete workout uses the silks (hammocks) hanging from the ceiling as the main prop. There are so many fun, and amazing exercises, and poses to be done with the silks. The perfect addition to your regular yoga practice, as you get to explore poses that you may not easily get to play with in your regular classes. For those that need more gentle opening, and restorative practice, Aerial is perfect for you as well!!!
17 Benefits of Aerial Yoga
- Decompress tight joints
- Core strengthening and lengethening
- Increased muscular strength & flexibility
- Relieving pressure while aligning the vertebrae
- Increased kinesthetic awareness
- Fine-tuning balance & increased proprioception
- Low impact cardio-vascular conditioning
- Perform advanced yoga & postural inversions without neck or back compression
- Hold challenging yoga postures longer and in correct alignment
- Stretch further with less strain
- Muscular tension release through self-massage techniques
- Adds an entirely new dimension to your Yoga/Fitness practice
- Create better body awareness while increasing overall agility
- Self-esteem enhancement through conquering fears
- Refreshes the lymphatic, digestive & circulatory systems
- Releases “happy hormones” i.e. serotonin, endorphins, oxytocin, dopamine
- Increases the Neuroplasticity of the brain (one’s ability to learn)
Arial Yoga - Hanging Silk Hammocks
Considerations for Aerial Yoga
• Wear comfortable clothing that will allow range of movement, such as yoga pants and top.
• Try to avoid extremely lose clothing to prevent the extra fabric getting in the way.
• Barefoot for the class
• Remove all jewelry (necklace, bracelets, rings, and earrings - anything that can damage the silks) before class.
• Trim your finger and toenails.
• Avoid eating or drinking acidic liquids an hour prior to class.
• Do not use hand lotion before class.
• Bring yoga mat for floor work - Available to rent for $1
At OMSantuary, we are proud to offer Aerial Yoga, Gentle Aerial Yoga and we limit our classes to 5 students.
Reserve your silk as classes fill up quickly :)
Visit www.omsanctuary.ca to reserve your spot, or contact me below.