What happens when Norton detects a virus?
Norton Security 188.8.131.52 update is now available through LiveUpdate. Similar to prior updates, this version is released in a gradual method. The update is now available in all languages supported. For downloading, launch LiveUpdate via the Norton antivirus live update problems user interface.
The update will be available to those following Norton products:
- New Norton 360
- Norton 360 for Gamers
- Norton Antivirus Plus
- Norton Security
- Norton Internet Security
- Norton 360Norton Antivirus
- Norton Antivirus
- Norton Security Online
To confirm that you've got the latest version of Norton Security, launch the Main User Interface Click on Help, then select About.
Below FAQ answers some of the most frequently asked concerns:
1. Which version is it of this patch?
Norton Security 184.108.40.206
2. When will I get the patch?
In accordance with our usual procedure, we have deployed patches in a gradual way. The patch has been released to selected customers randomly, and then will monitor our telemetry system, and this forum to identify any issues or problems. After we've confirmed the efficacy of the patch we will then release it for all of our customers. We will publish an update to the Norton Community when we make the patch available to all customers.
3. How do I install manually these patches?
This patch is available only through LiveUpdate and is currently being released in a gradual way. You might require to start LiveUpdate and then reboot several times before your device is fully updated to the most recent version.
4. What's new in Norton 220.127.116.11?
Norton Crypto - A more secure method to turn your PC that you are not using into a cash-making machine.
An easier and safer way to mine cryptocurrency and save your earnings to the cloud in a more secure way. For more information, go to Introducing Norton Crypto blog.
- This is a throttled release.
- Norton Crypto is currently available only in the U.S. The feature will be available to other regions in the near future.
- Minimum hardware requirements:
- Graphics card Nvidia cards that have at least 6 GB memory
- Processor - 1 GHz
- RAM - 2GB (minimum of 2 GB RAM is required to run Recovery Tool)
- Hard disk space 300 MB or more of hard disk space
Operating System needs:
- Norton Crypto is supported on Windows 7 SP1 and later, Windows 8 and Windows 10
- Norton Crypto is not supported on Windows 10 in S mode or Windows operating on ARM processors
- Remote Assistance Fraud Warning Notification: When a customer attempts to access a website which allows remote connections to computers. There could be a warning message to warn the user of a possible fraud attack.
- Smart scan has been enhanced to look for personal data on the websites of data brokers and show the information in Advanced Issues
- Minor corrections to bugs, changes under the hood and performance enhancements.
- 5. Where can I post my queries?
- Please visit Norton 360 for the Windows board to post your queries. For queries regarding Norton Crypto, please post them on the Norton Crypto board.
- Please note:
- Norton 22.21.6 supports: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8, 8.1 and Windows 10
- Norton 22.21.6 targets versions 18.104.22.168 & 22.214.171.124 builds
- This update is not available for maintenance mode OSes (Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 with no service pack)