Everything You Need To Know About Moxibustion In Acupuncture!
If you’re thinking of going for moxibustion acupuncture therapy, it is crucial to choose a professional practitioner.
Not everyone is aware of the traditional Chinese medicine called Moxibustion. Sometimes it is also termed as “Moxa”! Let me tell you; this is another type of heat therapy that helps in balancing and increasing qi(chi)in your body. Moxibustion acupuncture involves treatment with dried leaf substance, often mugwort, on top of the acupuncture sticks.
This type of therapy is practiced by trained people who know how to apply a moxa stick on your body or at different treatment areas. Once you feel the temperature, it is removed. Also, let me tell you, if you pay a visit to any Chinese medical treatment clinic for acupuncture, you’ll often experience the smoky odor of Moxa. For some people, the smell may be strange, or for others, they might like it.
What is Moxa made of?
The substance named mugwort is used in Moxa. Mugwort has got history, and this is widely used in various areas. There are people who keep this plant in their shoes to prevent allergens. Since it also can improve blood circulation and qi.
In Chinese medical treatment, Moxa serves various benefits. From handling menstrual cramping to Uterine bleeding, it has been widely used to treat other types of illness. The heat applied to the body can improve the blood. Mugwort is highly popular because of its spicy odor, which travels through the respiratory system and treats cold and flu.
What is Moxibustion used for?
In general, Moxibustion can be used to treat various types of diseases and maintain health. Also, it is popular for increasing the immune system and serves in strengthening the organs. If you’re looking for “acupuncture cupping near me,” remember, an expert acupuncturist knows the specific points and how to apply Moxa to those areas. From warming certain points with slow heat to eliminating health issues, there, there are several benefits of this treatment,
- It helps people who suffer from consistent constipation and chronic diarrhea.
- Restores blood circulation and triggers different parts of the body for natural healing.
- Eliminates several types of pain, including neck pain, back pain, menstrual cramping, and many more.
- It minimizes stress and anxiety symptoms.
- Reduces the risk of blood clotting.
- Improves side effects of medical treatment like cancer, surgery, and so on.
- Boost energy
- Maximizes recovery from any kind of allergens, especially during winters. For those who suffer from frequent cold and flu, this kind of therapy tends to be the best choice to go with.
- It supports different male issues.
- It also helps in treating migraines.
So, if you’re thinking of going for moxibustion acupuncture therapy, it is crucial to choose a professional practitioner. Yes, we know that moxa sticks or needles are easily available. However, it is suggested not to perform this type of therapy on your own.
Indeed, a moxibustion treatment offers not only mental benefits but also several other benefits. As we have mentioned a few health benefits in this article, choose a professional who can help you experience moxibustion benefits by tailoring medication to your individual needs.