CEBU DOCTORS UNIVERSITY, CEBU CITY, PHILIPPINES
Use our MBBS in Philippines finder tool to get detail information about various MBBS universities in Philippines including philippines medical university fees s
Cebu Doctors’ College (CDC) was founded on May 17, 1975 and was registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) on June 29, 1976.
Cebu Doctors’ College of Nursing (CDCN), then under the umbrella of Cebu Doctors’ Hospital (CDH), was authorized to operate by the Department of Education, Culture, and Sports (DECS) in 1973.
A sister institution, Cebu Doctors’ College of Medicine (CDCM), a non-stock, non-profit medical foundation, was next established on July 24, 1976. In line with the institution’s objective to offer allied medical courses, six other colleges were subsequently opened:
Cebu Doctors’ College of Arts and Sciences (CDCAS) in 1975, Cebu Doctors’ College of Dentistry (CDCD) in 1980, Cebu Doctors’ College of Optometry (CDCO) in 1980, Cebu Doctors’ College of Allied Medical Sciences (CDCAMS) in 1982, Cebu Doctors’ College of Rehabilitative Sciences (CDCRS) in 1992, and Cebu Doctors’ College of Pharmacy (CDCP) in 2004. Cebu Doctors’ College Graduate School opened in 1980.
On November 23, 2004, Cebu Doctors’ College was granted University Status by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED), thus the name Cebu Doctors’ University was adopted.
On October 16, 2009, Cebu Doctors’ University attained the CHED Institutional Quality Assurance through Monitoring and Evaluation (IQuAME) Category A(t).
On May 27, 2010, CHED granted the Autonomous Status to Cebu Doctors’ University.
On December 2, 2015, the Department of Education granted Cebu Doctors’ University the authority to operate Senior High School effective Academic Year 2016-2017.
WHY CEBU DOCTORS UNIVERSITY?
• CDU is one of the Best Universities in Philippines graduating the National Toppers in the Medical Licensing Examination almost every year
• Cebu Doctors University attracts more international students including Indians and has been one of the most successful institutions in producing Doctors for the US Healthcare Workforce
• Cebu Doctors University is approved and listed with MCI, WHO, WDOMS, ECFMG and FAIMER IMED – USA, MCC – Canada, GMC – UK, etc
• Cebu Doctors University is approved by State Medical Boards of New York, California, Illinois, etc meaning their graduates can practice in all the states in USA
• CDU is affiliated with On-Campus Cebu Doctors’ University Hospital and many other hospitals with a combined capacity of over 1000 beds in and around Cebu for Clinical rotations.
• CDU’s location in the Tropical region and Philippines’ policy of not over-restricting medical students in hospitals are major benefits for Indian students
• since they get excellent Clinical exposure of tropical diseases which are similar to Indian disease pattern
ADVANTAGES OF CEBU DOCTORS UNIVERSITY
• Delicious Indian food available
• Separate Hostel provided for Indian students
• Excellent Track record in USMLE and MCI FMG Screening examinations, result of dedicated preparation assistance
• More than 1000 of students from various parts of India enrolled for Medicine programs
• Airconditioned class room with WiFi facility
• Its Biology program is granted Level II status by PAASCU
• PBL system; associated with Cebu Doctors' University Hospital
• Ranked number 8 during the September 2016 PRC Results
• The CDU-CM developed the teaching modules to be used in medical schools throughout the country for the integration of domestic and family violence issues into the medical curriculum.
• Its Kauswagan Community Outreach Program has won one silver and two gold HAMIS awards for excellence in health services delivery awarded by the Department of Health.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS UNIT
CEBU DOCTORS UNIVERSITY
Mandaue City, Philippines