How to Use Social Networks to Help Sell Your Business
Nowadays, running a business without any account on social media is absolutely impossible. To be more precise, it will not be profitable.
Nowadays, running a business without any account on social media is absolutely impossible. To be more precise, it will not be profitable. Nowadays, people not only take the most of the world wide web but also master it as a commercial platform. Currently, advertising services on forums, social platforms, and sites are indivisible and inherent to your business success.
Why choose social networks to promote your product
Traditional marketing methods are gradually losing their effectiveness. In such circumstances, companies are looking for new ways to attract new audiences and increase their customer base. One of these tools has become social networks. They have fundamentally changed the way we handle and build personal and business relations. Moreover, the advent of social platforms has a huge impact on the whole society.
If we compare the use of social media with traditional advertising, for example, banners, you can find a number of advantages of promoting your company via the Internet:
- Wider and more accurate coverage of the target audience. Moreover, social networks surpass all traditional resources in popularity, not exceeding perhaps the relevance of search engines. Also, the audience of social networks is growing day by day;
- The ability to receive quick feedback from customers as well as to respond to them in an instance;
- Increased customer loyalty due to the unobtrusiveness of the company’s brand. Advertising on social networks is not very conspicuous. Regularly, it is not considered by users as imposed. More often such ads are perceived as recommendations of friends, opinions of professionals and influencers. Such an approach generally generates more trust.
There is one more significant benefit. Social media are not subject to the crisis and the influence of any external factors. They do not depend on the political and economic situation in the country or its major region. The only danger they may be exposed to is a drop in the level of attendance. In this case, you can switch to a platform that is more popular among users of your target audience.
Modern social networks make it possible to receive detailed reports on the ranking of the use of links, articles, and content distribution on the company’s web resource. Besides, social media sites allow tracking the popularity of the created communities or groups among users as well as various actions of participants on its platform. Just find out what attracts the target audience and examine opinions about your product. All of these handy features will help you to create a loyal customer base and enhance the promotion of your business.
What social networks you should use
There is no unified strategy to suit everyone. Different social platforms have their particular characteristics and require diverse approaches to building a marketing tactic. In other words, you should decide what effect and purposes you want to achieve switching to Internet marketing.
- To begin with, try Facebook for implementing your marketing strategy. A valuable tip: when you start creating your company page, pay particular attention to its structure, because the visual component is important to users. Facebook is a platform where people communicate with friends, so when contacting your audience, you should stick to an amiable tone. Remember that this social network has a low increase in organic traffic, so choose a low-cost advertising strategy.
- Another viral network is Instagram. It is owned by Facebook and has approximately 1 billion active users, who share photos and videos with their subscribers. Nowadays, Instagram is probably the most favorable environment for promotion since more than 50% of users are subscribed to at least one brand. Focusing on visual content, Instagram is perfect for companies that sell products and provide some services that can be visually represented.
- How to make Instagram users notice and remember you? The answer is simple. You need to regularly publish visually catchy content of high quality and correctly set hashtags. In terms of advertising, Instagram offers the same set of options and audience targeting tools as Facebook. Moreover, thanks to the functions of Shoppable Posts and Shoppable Stories, the Instagram network has become an online store.
- LinkedIn is a social network for the professional community. Groups on this platform help to get in touch with people from your and related industries to share content with like-minded people. Since this is a network primarily designed for professionals, you can post and look for job opportunities on this platform. Ask your customers to give positive feedback about the company in your profile since new users always pay attention to recommendations. Also, watch the ‘Questions’ section. By publishing answers to questions, you increase your credibility and ramp up trust level among potential customers.
- YouTube is the number one platform for creating and distributing video content. Without a doubt, you should incorporate YouTube to successfully promote your product. Many companies are trying to create breakthrough videos, hoping for them to become viral. However, this happens rather rarely. So, for your business promotion, focus on creating useful video tutorials or reviews. There is always a great demand for such content. Moreover, these videos have a high chance to appear on Google search results pages.
Use platforms that indicate your office location
Besides already mentioned social networks, you have the opportunity to use platforms that detect your office location. Do not overlook the importance of creating your own website, which would present your business on a more serious level. To do this successfully use the special services or try your luck and do this on your own for free. Then, think about your homepage promotion. What does it require? You need the content and linking references to boost your credibility. Of course, you don’t stand a chance of succeeding without guest posts and backlinks – all of this you can find on Magenet service where you can buy sponsored links.
Social platforms such as Yelp and FourSquare are suitable for companies that have offline stores as well. Sign up for these sites, indicate your location and try to attract customers with various rewards for grades and special discounts. However, remember that satisfied users do not skimp on good reviews, and this is just what you need. It is a great example of mutually beneficial cooperation.
The social platforms like Reddit, as well as Stumble Upon, and Digg, are designed to host unique and really interesting content that cannot be found anywhere else. For example, Reddit boasts more than 2 billion page views per month, indicating its huge marketing potential. The target audience of Reddit is young people of liberal views who are addicted to new technologies. If you think that your content might interest such a fastidious community, then go ahead. You have every chance to establish yourself as an expert in your field and increase traffic.
Social media marketing not only helps a company to attract more traffic to its website but also establishes more direct, ‘human’ relationships with the audience. Moreover, they give brands the opportunity to get to know customers and tailor their strategies to them.
The style and presentation of account information on the network are no less important than the design of the site. It is important to rely on the needs of the target audience.
There are several important elements for a successful account setup:
- Brand name;
- Company’s logo;
- Sticking to a palette of pastel colors;
- Principles of composition when choosing visuals;
- Original multimedia/one with an open license;
- Brief and catchy description of the scope of your activity.
These are the basic principles while designing an account on social media. Choose a style, stick to it when arranging photos and creating posts. Also, it is better to develop your personal style as a part of your brand for the design of pictures in posts and stories.
Engaging and keeping subscribers
You should move to this step only when you already can offer decent content on the page, but you struggle catching users’ attention. On average, an active advertising campaign can be launched after 3-4 months of maintaining a profile.
There exist certain ways to draw the attention of the audience to a page. The most salable are ads from bloggers, in other communities and a direct advertising campaign on your social networks. If you do not have experience in advertising campaigns, you can come across scammers or invest a lot of money without the expected return due to inappropriate advertising settings. It is recommended that you contact a specialist in this field since only an experienced professional knows what potholes to avoid.
In the nutshell, there are certain principles towards engaging the subscribers. When ordering ads from other communities or bloggers, make sure they correspond to the interests of your target audience. Evaluating the number of subscribers and activities on the page should not be underestimated since this is a guarantee that the subscribers are not fake, show interest and have the potential to become your customers.
When setting up advertising on the social network itself, pay special attention to the choice of the target audience of the campaign. With its poor choice, the cost per click increases significantly, and the feedback will be poor.
The use of various social platforms for promotion on the Internet allows you to effectively establish communication with potential and real consumers of goods and services. In addition, it solves a number of other equally important tasks like developing the brand’s recognition, building loyalty among the target audience, taking over competitors, as well as increasing the volume of sales.