Benefits of Burning Sage and what it is used for?
What is sage and what it is used for? Sage is a herb. The Salvia genus of plants is the largest in the Lamiaceae family. That family of plants includes the mint
They've been used as part of traditional medicines by tribal groups. Many of them are excellent lures for butterflies or other pollinators, and they're staples in pollinator gardens.
Health Benefits of Sage
This herb has not only a distinctive taste but also several nutritional benefits. Sage is high in vitamin K and is a good source of vitamin A, fibre, calcium, iron, folate, magnesium, and manganese. It also boasts high doses of B vitamins, vitamins C and E, and copper and thiamin. Sage is also loaded with antioxidants that have been shown to improve brain function and memory.
Sage is used for digestive problems, including loss of appetite, gas (flatulence), stomach pain (gastritis), diarrhoea, bloating, and heartburn. It is also used for reducing overproduction of perspiration and saliva; and for depression, memory loss, and Alzheimer's disease.
Benefits of Burning Sage and How to Energetically Clear Your Space with Sage
1. It may be purifying. The most-used types of sage have antimicrobial properties. This means they keep infectious bacteria, viruses, and fungi at bay. White prairie sage (Artemisia ludoviciana) is both antimicrobial and antibacterialTrusted Source. White sage (Salvia apiana) is also antimicrobial. And both have been shown to repel insects.
2. It may help relieve the symptoms of some conditions. It turns out that sage may help clear the air of lots more than bugs and bacteria.
3. Burning sage, also known as smudging, is an ancient spiritual ritual; it is one of the oldest and purest methods of cleansing a person, group of people, or space and getting rid of unwanted spirits.It may help dispel negative energy. Smudging may also be used as a ritual tool to rid yourself or your space of negativity. This includes past traumas, bad experiences, or negative energies from others.
4. It can cleanse or empower specific objects. This can be useful with new purchases, gifts, or secondhand items. However, any item can be smudged. If you have any concern with adverse history or energy attached to a new or unfamiliar object, smudging may help bring peace of mind and make the thing more sacred to you.
5. It may help improve your mood soothe stress. White prairie sage is also known as an essential traditional remedy for treating anxiety, depression, reducing stress and mood disorders in certain cultures.
6. It may improve the quality of your sleep. Some research suggests that sage contains compounds that could help ease insomnia. Classic garden sage (Salvia officinalis) is sometimes burned like white sage. It's also been used to improve sleep and soothe anxiety.
How do you burn sage?
To burn sage, you light the end of the bundle and let the smoke waft into the air. For example, if you are trying to cleanse the air in a room, you'd walk around the space with the burning wand. You can also place the burning sage bundle in an abalone shell, which you can buy online.
Remember to open a door or window as the unwanted energy you are trying to clear must have a pathway to get out because this experiment is the same as opening the doors and windows in the space you are trying to remove. If you are trying to get someone's toxic energy out of your house post-cocktail party, after an intense meeting in a conference room at work, or feel like there is a spirit hanging around your space, energy needs somewhere to go. Once you're ready to light your sage, grab the sage as far from the end, you are burning as possible. Hold the sage at a 45-degree angle, light the sage, let it burn for about 20 seconds and then gently blow out the flame so that you see orange embers on one end. Then you can start the process of clearing your space.
What to do after a smudge?
Make sure your smudge stick is completely extinguished. You can do this by dabbing the lit end into a small bowl of ash or sand. Check the end closely to make sure no more embers are burning. Once it's completely put out, store it in a safe, dry place out of the sun.