Let It Heal Tip # 9 on Osteoarthritis
Osteoarthritis is a joint disease that results from breakdown of joint cartilage and underlying bone. The most common symptoms are joint pain and stiffness.
Ask the Expert
Amber Korobkina, BSc, CBHT, Bowen Instructor, Let It Heal
My doctor says that osteoarthritis is the cause of my joint pain, and that if I don’t keep moving it will get worse. How can I keep moving when I’m in so much pain?
The pain associated with arthritis can often leave people dangerously inactive, which can lead to muscle atrophy, adding to the problem. Although the degeneration from osteoarthritis cannot be reversed, pain levels may be significantly reduced in many cases.
The following tips may be helpful:
• Swimming and Aquafit are ideal for arthritics – water provides extra support and soothing relief!
• Alkalize your body - eat plenty of alkaline foods, and try an Ion spa footbath!
• Drink 1.5 litres of alkaline water per day
• Consider taking a glucosamine or chondroitin supplement
• Soak in Epsom salts regularly
• Try the Bowen technique at Let it Heal to relieve pain
If your pain is in your knees this gentle exercise may help
For more exercises visit Let It Heal
We have been successfully helping arthritics find relief using the ionic detox foot spa and Bowen technique treatments for many years.
“I want you to know that my hips and lower back are 100% … almost better than that! Movement is easy. I feel like I’m 39 again!! Thank you for your professional expertise. Your treatments work miracles. I deeply appreciate being able to move freely without calculating the next step." Bruce C.
Amber Korobkina, BSc, CBHT, Bowen Instructor