Let It Heal Tip # 8 on Menopause
Most women will experience some symptoms around the menopause. The duration and severity of these symptoms varies from woman to woman
Ask the Expert
Amber Korobkina, BSc, CBHT, Bowen Instructor, Let It Heal
HELP! I’m only 41, but I have recently started getting hot flashes, mood swings and night sweats. I guess its menopause, what can I do?
Some women don't have any trouble with menopausal symptoms. For others, the menopausal transition can bring hot flashes, trouble sleeping, moodiness and irritability, pain during sex, or depression.
The menopausal transition most often begins between ages 45 and 55. It usually lasts about 7 years but can last as long as 14 years. Menopause is a point in time 12 months after a woman's last period.
Regardless of age, menopause can be a very difficult time of life.
Consider the following advice to assist naturally –
• Decrease caffeine, sugar and meats
• Increase soy, whole grains, almonds and brown rice
• Alkalize your body - eat plenty of alkaline foods and try an Ion spa footbath
• Consider supplementing with Acidophilus, red clover, vitamin E, magnesium and vitamin C
• Try the Bowen technique at Let it Heal to balance endocrine systems and enhance organ function
• Regular exercise is important for bone density
The relief provided by our experience Bowen practitioners goes far and beyond relaxation. The Bowen technique triggers the central nervous system to re-balance itself.
Our clients have reported decreased hot flashes, increased energy and improved sleep.
Amber Korobkina, BSc, CBHT, Bowen Instructor