Ouch! Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS) is a medical condition due to compression of the median nerve as it travels through the wrist at the carpal tunnel
Ask the Expert
Amber Korobkina, BSc, CBHT, Bowen Instructor, Let It Heal
My carpal tunnel syndrome is getting worse. I keep dropping things and the burning in my hands is unbearable.
Is surgery my only option?
Not at all, there are many other ways to address carpal tunnel syndrome. If you have been diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome, or have tingling, numbness, burning or weakness in your hands, consider the following suggestions:
• Get a wrist support for the computer
• Avoid texting, guitar hero and other repetitive tasks involving the hands
• Hand exercises - Stress balls and specific stretches can help to open the pathways leading to the hand
• Acupressure - there are many points on the hand, wrist and forearm that provide relief
• Cold Laser therapy - this treatment accelerates healing by up to 40% and is available at Let It Heal
• Try the Bowen technique at Let it Heal
Our experienced practitioners have even managed to help with carpal tunnel syndrome after surgery has failed. Most clients observe a significant improvement within one to two treatments, and side effects include headache relief, improved sleep and corrected posture.
Amber Korobkina, BSc, CBHT, Bowen Instructor