Let It Heal Tip # 2 on Arthritis
Arthritis is an inflammation of the joints. It can affect one joint or multiple joints on the body.
Ask The Expert
Amber Korobkina, BSc, CBHT, Bowen Instructor, Let it Heal
Here are some essential tips and guidance for moving through life with arthritis.
1. Avoid nightshade vegetables such as tomatoes, potatoes, eggplants, ground cherries, peppers (sweet and hot including cayenne pepper, paprika and sauces containing hot peppers). Pimentos, pepinos, tamarillos, tomatillos, huckleberries, narajillas, and tobacco are also to be avoided. Keep in mind it may take several months of avoiding these vegetables before noticing a difference and 1 in 3 people with arthritis have noted substantial relief when avoiding these foods.
2. Movement Matters! Aquafit classes or swimming will allow your body the movement it needs without impact to your joints. Floating weightless in the water will be a great relief for those achy joints.
3. Enjoy a soak with Epsom Salts. It is not only relaxing; the salts will draw the acids and toxins out of your joints through the pores of your skin.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar, taken internally, has certain health benefits. It can also be used as a compress on swollen or achy joints.
5. Australian Washing Soda difficult to purchase in Canada, but worth the hunt! Look for a brand called “Lectric Soda Crystals”. These natural crystals can draw up to half a cup of fluid from a swollen joint overnight! The results are temporary however the relief can be amazing even if only for a day or so.
6. Detoxify – A toxic body is usually very acidic which creates an environment that encourages inflammation. The Ion Detox Foot bath at Let It Heal is a fast and relaxing way to detoxify and alkalize your body without restricting your diet or cutting out your medications.
Amber Korobkina, BSc, CBHT, Bowen Instructor