Thrive Collaborative Member Showcase
Each of our members has a personal story and a big WHY for what they do to help others thrive. This article showcases Lesley Cressman of A Sacred Journey.
It is my pleasure to introduce Lesely Cressman
Business Member of Thrive Collabortive EMagazine
Owner of A Sacred Journey
Lesley and her family are from the New Hamburg area in the Waterloo Region. Lesley’s family is her major support team. Married to her best friend Keith for almost 30 years, they have raised four awesome children. Now, their parental role has expanded to seven children through their children’s relationships. They are also the proud Papa and Nana to a 16-month-old Angel Granddaughter and a 5-month-old grandson.
Here is some personal information on Lesley and her family
• Keith Cressman hubby
• Sam Cressman, daughter, BA in Community and Criminal Justice, Sam is married to Nicole.
• Mandee Simas, daughter, Honours BA in Biology, Married to Tim, and children Angel (Mandee’s daughter) Abrielle , and (Mandee’s son) Telo
• Nick Cressman, son, and daughter–law Haley, Nick is in Conestoga College
• Kurt Cressman, son
Pets: Dogs Twinkle, Bandit and Nova; Nova is the baby of Twinkle and Bandit. Nova’s name comes from the birth of a STAR! Cats, Mocha and Smokey
Lesley Cressman Education:
• Early Childhood Educator graduate from Conestoga College in 2012 with Distinction
• She started A Sacred Journey in 2012 love on natural healings in essential oils and Reiki
• She is a Reiki Master Teacher. She is a Red Tent Facilitator; she took her training in 2015
• She is Reaching In Reaching Out Certified, RIRO 1 and 2, which is resiliency training
• She is a Certified Labour Doula
• She is certified WHO Level one Breastfeeding Peer Support and a proud Breastfeeding Buddy, in the Waterloo Region
Founder of A Sacred Journey
Lesley’s latest adventure has been exploring the Doula world, as the Founder of A Sacred Journey, for the past year. She has an incredible team of six Doulas in the Waterloo region and she has branched out into Listowel, Ontario with two more Doulas. Lesley and her team are honoured to support parents as they transition into the role of parenthood.
Under the umbrella of A Sacred Journey Lesley does the following:
• She is the founder of A Sacred Journey, an active Labour and Postpartum Doula
• she teaches and mentors Doula students
• she teaches and mentors Reiki students
• she hold space for her monthly Red Tents
• she facilitates Prenatal classes and is showcased in the Leisure Magazine
• She is a proud member of the Klusster magazine Thrive Collaborative
• she manages three Klusster e-magazines Doulas Supporting Doulas, Women Supporting Women and Supporting Families in the Early Years
Lesley has a passion for education, birth work, volunteering, and supporting her family. She utilizes a kaleidoscope of learning experiences within her classroom to insure multiple learning styles are met. Lesley puts volunteering on the forefront of her values as she hosts her Red Tents monthly her community as a monthly women’s support group.
This is one of Lesley's new Klusster magazines CLICK HERE