Flutter's Advantages and Disadvantages: What You Need to Know
What makes Flutter exciting, what are its pros and cons and when will it be a good match for your software project?
If you're looking into app development, you may have come across the name Flutter. Flutter is an open-source project created by Google that uses the Dart programming language to create cross-platform apps. In other words, with Flutter, you can create one app that will work on both iOS and Android.
That's one of the big advantages of using Flutter. But there are some disadvantages to consider as well.
Here's a quick overview of what you need to know about Flutter's advantages and disadvantages:-
- Cross-platform compatibility: As mentioned, one of the biggest advantages of using Flutter is that your app will work on both iOS and Android devices. This can save you a lot of time and money in development, as you don't need to create separate apps for each platform.
- Fast code writing: Flutter uses the Dart programming language, which is designed to be easy to learn and fast to write. As a result, you can create an app more quickly using Flutter than with other frameworks.
- Excellent user experience: Because Flutter apps have a more native-like feel, they provide an excellent user experience. This is due to the fact that Flutter uses its own set of widgets (components) rather than the platform's default widgets.
- Limited availability of libraries: One of the drawbacks of using Flutter is that there are not as many libraries available for it as there are for other frameworks such as React Native. This means that you may not be able to find a library to use for certain features of your app.
- Less experienced team: Another disadvantage of using Flutter is that it's still a relatively new technology. This means that there are fewer developers with experience using it, which can make it more difficult to find a team to develop your app.
The Best Apps Made With Flutter
- Google Ads
- Xianyu by Alibaba
- Hamilton Music
- Abbey Road Studios
When To Use Flutter?
- When you want to develop a cross-platform app quickly and easily
- When you want an app with an excellent user experience
When Not To Use Flutter?
- When you need access to a wide range of libraries
- When you want to work with an experienced team
Overall, Flutter is a great option for app development. It has some advantages and disadvantages that you should be aware of, but the advantages outweigh the disadvantages. If you're looking for a fast and easy way to develop an app that will work on both iOS and Android, then Flutter is a good option for you.