How to Fix Windows 10 Firewall Blocking Google Chrome
Several Windows 10 users report about Firewall blocking Google Chrome for no apparent reason on their Windows 10 PC and laptop. Majority of Windows users prefer Chrome over other web browsers on their Windows PC or laptop. The firewall prevents these affected users from using Chrome and causes great inconvenience. Here is how you can fix the issue.
By going through the Windows Defender Firewall Permissions
- Firstly, go through the Windows Defender Firewall permissions for the browser, which is Google Chrome.
- Click on the Windows and S keys together to launch the search bar.
- Type the Windows Defender in the text field.
- Choose to launch the Windows Defender Firewall option.
- Go through the Allow an app or feature by using the Windows Defender Firewall to launch the options mentioned on the screen.
- Click on the Change settings option.
- Go through the Google Chrome boxes in case you have already chosen one.
- Press on the Ok option.
Related Article:- Fix Windows 10 Firewall Blocking Google Chrome
By turning off the VPN adapters
It is amongst the best and basic solution you have to resolve this issue on your Windows 10 PC, follow the steps listed below to do the same.
- Users need to verify that they have already fixed the issue faced with the firewall by turning off the network adapters.
- To complete this procedure, you need to click on the Windows and X keys together.
- Choose the Device Manager menu.
- It will launch the new window.
- Press on the Network adapters’ category menu.
- You need to right-click on the network adapters mentioned on the screen.
- Choose the Disable device option.
By uninstalling the VPN software
Uninstalling that VPN software on your Windows 10 PC can resolve this issue on your Windows 10 PC. Go through the guidelines below to do the same:
- The firewall blockage of the Google Chrome firewall is because of the VPN software.
- The other method of fixing this issue is by removing the VPN from the system.
- To complete this procedure, you need to launch the Run prompt box by pressing on the Run box.
- You need to do this procedure by pressing on the Windows and X keys together.
- Type ‘appwiz.cpl’ by going to the Open checkbox.
- Click on the OK button.
- Choose the VPN program, which is provided inside the uninstaller window.
- Press on the Uninstall option for uninstalling it from the program.
- Click on the Yes button to verify the procedure.
- You need to start the system once you have uninstalled the VPN software.
- Some of the users have to remove the pending VPN network adapter.
- To complete this procedure, you have to type the ‘ncpa.cpl’ in the Run prompt box.
- Press on the OK button.
- This option helps you to launch a new window.
- You need to right-click on the VPN connection.
- Click on the Delete button.
By disabling the Google Chrome Extensions
There are chances that the extensions of your Google Chrome browser are causing this issue on your Windows 10 PC. If it’s the scenario, follow the steps listed below:
- Some of the users have to disable the VPN software from the system.
- Otherwise, disable the ad blocker extensions to solve the firewall blockage of the Google Chrome browser.
- Press on the Customize Google Chrome option.
- Choose the More tools option.
- Click on the Settings tab.
- This option will help you to launch a new window.
- After that, press on the option mentioned on the screen.
- It is located at the end right-hand side of the extension to disable it.
- Additionally, click on the Remove option to remove the extensions from the system.
JEANNE E. WINFIELD arrived on the cybersecurity scene in the early 2000s when virus and malware were still new and slowly evolving. Her longtime affair with writing with an interest in the cybersecurity industry, combined with her IT degree, has contributed to experience several aspects of security suite industry such as blogging at mcafee.com/activate.