TENS for Incontinence
I recently had a great conversation with MCP Product Specialist Angela Yamaoka about pelvic health screening, incontinence, and what to do for symptoms.
Conversation with MCP Product Specialist Angela Yamaoka.
I will list the Key Points of our conversation, and you can watch the video below.
• Incontinence is a reality for many women who have had children or as we age and enter menopause
• It is not a normal part of aging, but so many women accept that it is
• To avoid embarrassing leaks, women will opt to use incontinence pads rather than think about how to fix the leaking problem and make their pelvic floor stronger
• Incontinence is not a normal part of aging, and it is very treatable
• You do not need to accept pads as your destiny
• We should be treating pelvic health like our oral health
• The first step is to see a pelvic floor physiotherapist at least once a year, even if you have no symptoms
• It helps to screen for things like incontinence and organ prolapse, which may become more common as women enter perimenopause and menopause
• If you cannot see a pelvic health specialist, find a resource that works for you to support your pelvic floor.
Vagina Coach is a resource for educating women through fitness, lifestyle, and coaching, to help women identify what could be the contributors to the problems and symptoms they are dealing with and prevent and overcome Incontinence and Organ Prolapse.
There are also products and devices available that can help identify concerns, especially those that give us biofeedback since, unlike other muscles on our body, we cannot visually see the muscles in our pelvic floor.
Please watch the video to hear what everyone should know about pelvic health
There are different types of Incontinence. You can learn more about Incontinence and take my Free Bladder Control Training
Your pelvic floor is the foundation of your core and is fundamental to SO MANY ASPECTS OF YOUR LIFE... and you most likely have never ever been told that... the pelvic floor is responsible for your continence, the pelvic floor plays a role in pelvic and spinal control and stability, the pelvic floor plays a role in your sexual response, and the pelvic floor is responsible for supporting your internal organs (bladder, uterus, and rectum).
The pelvic floor works in synergy with the breath and is an incredibly important part of the body that doesn’t get the attention it deserves.
The most common types of dysfunction are urinary incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse, painful intercourse and pelvic girdle pain.
My Buff Muff App includes essential education, an exercise library of the most effective movements, whole body workouts, meal plans, access to progressive and passionate experts, and a weekly LIVE coaching call with me!
The app is also for women who have NO SYMPTOMS and are looking to be proactive about their pelvic health so that they never get the common symptoms many women struggle with.
It is available for iPhone + Android users, and you can enjoy a 2-week FREE trial which gives you time to check everything out and get started on improving your pelvic health right away!
You will be able to
• exercise without the fear of leaking or making things worse
• save hundreds of dollars on pads that are not a solution.
• save time from multiple doctor visits and surgery recovery.
• say YES to activities and let go of the need to always have a bathroom close by.