Lemony White Bean Salad with Prosciutto
This Mediterranean inspired bean salad has creamy white beans, salty prosciutto, parmesan cheese, peppery arugula, and a punchy lemon dressing.
Making this white bean salad with prosciutto and arugula at home could not be any easier. You can use canned beans or beans that you’ve cooked yourself. You could also use other beans like cannellini, great northern, white kidney or even garbanzo beans.
The ingredients for this salad are simple.
• Beans — try small white beans, cannellini, great northern, white kidney or garbanzo beans
• Arugula or another favorite salad green
• Prosciutto or other dry cured ham like serrano ham or Ibérico ham
• Crusty bread or croutons add crunch. You can leave this out if you prefer.
• Punchy lemon dressing made from Dijon mustard, fresh lemon juice, olive oil, parsley, salt and pepper.
How to Make the Salad takes about 15 minutes
White Bean Salad
Make the dressing. the dressing is simple with a combination of Dijon mustard, fresh lemon juice, olive oil, parsley, salt, and pepper. Whisk everything together in the bottom of a large bowl. This way you can toss the rest of the salad ingredients right in.
Add the beans, parmesan cheese, and parsley. I like tossing the beans around in the dressing before adding the salad greens. You can actually follow the salad recipe through this step and then set the bowl aside until you are ready to eat.
Add the greens. Just before serving, toss the greens into the beans. This way the greens are perfectly dressed and since we are doing it just before eating, they won’t turn soggy.
Serve with prosciutto and croutons. Divide the salad between salad plates/bowls, and nestle the prosciutto and croutons in. This makes the salad beautiful to look at and anyone you are serving has an idea of what’s in there.