Healthy Watermelon Mojitos for summer gatherings with friends
With so many people omitting sugar or cutting down and turning to a Keto way of eating, these Keto Watermelon Mojitos, are the perfect summer drink!
They couldn’t be easier to whip up and they’re as refreshing as they are pretty with their beautiful pink hue. With the flavors of fresh mint, watermelon, and lime, they’re a unique spin on a classic mojito cocktail, and they’re fun for serving at just about any summer gathering, whether it’s a potluck, block party, pool party, or BBQ.
Fresh watermelon juice is the secret ingredient that really makes these special, and this recipe is a great example of all flavors blending together seamlessly.
For a child-friendly version, just omit the rum and kids will feel like they’re getting to enjoy a fancy beverage.
This recipe makes 4 servings or you can double into a pitcher
Healthy Watermelon Mojitos
• 4 shots light rum (aka silver or white rum)
• 2 sprigs fresh mint, plus more for garnish
• 8 drops liquid stevia or use coconut sugar to taste
• 1 cup (150 g) diced watermelon, pureed
• 4 cups crushed ice
• 1 cup (237 ml) sparkling water
• 4 wedges fresh lime (each wedge ⅛ of lime)
1. Muddle the rum, mint, and stevia together; mix in the watermelon puree.
2. Pour 1 cup crushed ice into each of 4 glasses; divide the watermelon mixture between the glasses and top each with ¼ cup sparkling water. Squeeze 1 wedge of fresh lime into each glass.
3. Top each with fresh mint if desired, and serve.
Serving size: ¼ of recipe Calories: 110.2 Fat: .1g Net Carbs: 3.4 Alcohol: 14 g Carbohydrates: 3.8g Fiber: .4g Protein: .3g
No reason we can't stay healthy while we gather together for fun this summer with family and friends. Enjoy!
Have Fun This Summer