What to have when Depressed?
Are you feeling low most of the time? Do you have tough times at office and relationship issue? Are you always looking to eat out to feel better?
Are you feeling low/sad/depressed most of the times? Do you look out to junk your belly to feel a little better? Are you not able to figure out why are you having mood swings, getting anxious, disturbed sleep. Did you figure out that this could be due to nutritional imbalance also?
During stress, body releases hormones to fight against it. Stress can released by having some foods that are anti depressant.
The most humble nut - Cashew
1. Crack this nut, munch it and see the anxiousness and sleepnessness running away from you.
2. Cashew nuts is your solution to insomnia particularly in men, calf cramp. The combination of Vitamin B6 and Tryptophan (an amino acid) is natural antidepressant.
3. Is your mind always pondering on negative issues? Are you suffering from menopause?Cashew is helpful to you to keep your mind calm & composed.
Magical Fruit is Banana:
The cheapest yet ignorant fruit with a dozen of benefits.
1. Eat bananas right after waking up; on empty stomach. They are rich in Tryptophan (an amino acid) and Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine); which helps in elevating mood.
2. Eat bananas when you want to control your mood swings. It contains 10mg of Dopamine. Dopamine is an antioxidant, which is gives pleasure thats equal to having a long hot shower.
The miracle “Chocolate”
Chocolate is a joy stimulant. People who ate cholcolate daily feel relatively calmer and happy as they are rich in poly-phenol. Refer to Journal of Psychopharmacology
1. “Serotonin” which is an antidepressant is present in Chocolate. Lack of Serotonin may cause depression.
2. Women suffer from PMS prior to and during menstruation, as the serotonin levels goes down. Having a chocolate can help you!!
3. The melting point of cocoa butter (found in Chocolate) = the human body temperature and while melting it stimulates the release of endorphins which brings pleasure.
So, now you know that you cannot control the situation but you definetly can uplift your hormones and mood by having these three wonderful products!!
Eat Well, Akansha Dalmia
Lead Nutrtional Writer for the Klusster Time for Healthy Eating,