Know More on Alfalfa Sprouts
Sprouts have many health benefits as the process of sprouting brings out many enzymes. They contain plenty of minerals and can fight against many diseases.
Alfalfa sprouts are produced by sprouting of Alfalfa seeds. They are very rich in proteins, vitamins and minerals, and contain lower amounts of carbohydrates and sugar, which are easily digestible. They contain 8gms of calories and 0 gms of fat per cup. Sprouts are a must in the diet to improve your holistic well being.
Nutritional Facts on Sprouts
Benefits of Sprouts
- They fight against breast cancer. Sprouts contain phytoestrogens, which are plant estrogens, which can considerably reduce the risk and occurence of breast cancer.
- They can regulate menstrual cycle and PMS syndrome in women. Being rich in Vitamin K, they are helpful for blood clotting and prevents excessive bleeding. Being rich in phytoestrogens, they are helpful in fighting against symptons of PMS.
- Diabetes is one disease, which has no cure. It can be controlled through diet and including alfalfa sprouts in your diet can lower your blood glucose levels and help in controlling diabetes.
- They are very rich in Vitamin C and can improve gum health. Vitamin C also aids in kidney problems, arthritis, bladder issues, stomach inflammatory, breathing problems like Aashtma.
- They can improve bone health as they are rich in Vitamin K and Calcium. Vitamin K increases the absorption of calcium, which is an important mineral in maintaining bone health.
- Alfalfa sprouts are anti-hyperlipidemic, they can reduce the LDL or Bad Cholestreol levels in the blood stream and prevent many coronary diseases.
- They are rich in antioxidants and they can eliminate the body from free radicals which is responsible for faster aging. Antioxidants also purify blood which in turn gives you a healthy skin.
Sprouts are sprouting up everywhere.
The beauty of sprouts is that they are now being grown for consumption at a much greater rate than ever before. Not just alfalfa sprouts. Broccoli sprouts, assorted bean sprouts can more easily be found in your health food stores and even some larger grocer chains.
Although sprouts may seem more expensive, they are worth much more from a health point than a lower cost bag of chips.
It's really time to decide. There are two costs. Your health and the financial cost of eating. Unfortunately, some foods that will better your life come at a greater financial cost than their unhealthy competitors. At the same time, the benefits far out weight the costs.
Instead of toast with your eggs, try having sprouts or leaf lettuch and see that can be incredibly tasty too. Try Eggs Mexican
Take extra care while washing seeds, as seeds can be a home of microbes especially Salmonella & E.Coli which can cause many food borne illness.
Enjoy: Healthy Life Publications