Grilled Eggplant Salad By Bobby Flay
"Grill It!: With Bobby Flay" featured this delicious eggplant salad recipe, the perfect appetizer or a nice, light, healthy lunch.
Grilled eggplant salad
- 3 eggplants with their shells
- 1 Italian eggplant, cut into 1-inch thick slices
- 1 large red onion, cut into rounds
- Canola oil
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted and flesh chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped oregano leaves
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, zested
- Parsley sprigs, for garnish
Roast the eggplant with the shell until cooked. To tell if it is done, the eggplant will look deflated.
Brush the eggplant and red onions with canola oil and arrange on the grill. Cook the eggplant until soft and grill the onions until they have a slight char. Remove from the grill to a cutting board and let cool slightly. Once cool, roughly chop and add them to a serving bowl along with the avocado.
In a small bowl, whisk together the red wine vinegar, the Dijon, and oregano. Add honey and olive oil, to taste, and blend until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Add the dressing to the eggplant mixture and toss. Garnish with lemon zest and parsley sprigs and serve.
Check out a video of this recipe on Food Network.
More Eggplant Recipes
EMBRACE THE EGGPLANT
Grilled Eggplant Salad
Subscribe Now (At Top Of Page)
For more great recipes and local health!