6 Green Foods That Are Best For You
A healthy lifestyle is made up of three major components – proper nutrition, exercise, and sleep.
In today’s day and age, life has become very fast-paced, and getting a proper diet is compulsory. A big part of our diet should consist of green foods, especially leafy vegetables. Here are some of the best green foods for you!
Why Choose Green Foods?
Green foods, primarily leafy vegetables are an important part of a balanced diet. They are full of multiple essentials vitamins and minerals. Also, they are fibrous and also low in calories. Eating loads of green vegetables help in reducing health problems like obesity, high blood pressure, heart disease, cholesterol, etc.
Best Green Foods For You
1. Kale – Made up of Vitamin A, C, and K, calcium, fibers, and potassium, kale is a great way to fill your stomach without going overboard on the calories. Kale can be eaten in various forms – sauteed, tossed, and cooked.
2. Green Beans – Whether eaten raw or cooked, beans are an excellent source of folic acid and Vitamin B that helps the body in forming and generating new cells. Beans are also a great source of vitamin C and vitamin K.
3. Spinach – Popeye has it and so should you. Spinach has a lot of potassium and helps in reducing blood pressure. Spinach can be cooked in a number of delicious ways.
4. Avocado – Every fitness freak’s favorite, avocado is a trending food that has gained a lot of fame in the past few years. It helps in lowering bad cholesterol and is a great way to boost immunity as well. You can have them with eggs (scrambled or omelets) or with sandwiches.
5. Green Bell Pepper – Also known as capsicum, green peppers are a great source of vitamin C which helps in strengthening the immune system. They are also very flavorful and provide a great source of fiber.
6. Asparagus – The smell of it is not very friendly but this is a very healthy option. High in Vitamin C, B6 and K, asparagus is a great source of folic acid. It has an ingredient called glutathione which helps in fighting cancer. You can toss some in butter or olive oil and then sprinkle some salt over it. Delicious!
Having any of these foods in the diet will do wonders for your body. Along with these, make sure you have a good source of protein and healthy fats, and also good amounts of water.