Top Foods that Reduce Blood Pressure
The majority of the individuals struggling with high pressure usually spend a considerable amount of money on prescription medications.
On most occasions, there is nothing wrong with these medications except your medical expenses. Nevertheless, medications can also result in some undesirable side effects in the long run. The good thing is that you will come across certain food items that help to reduce blood pressure naturally.
Here, we have listed some food items that help to lower blood pressure effectively.
1. Potassium-rich food items – It has been shown by studies that foods which are rich in the content of potassium are able to lower blood pressure effectively. Potassium allows the kidneys to flush out sodium from our systems which can cause the blood pressure to decrease. You can try some of the high-potassium foods such as sweet potatoes, swiss chard, avocados, as well as white beans.
2. Fatty fish - It has been revealed by studies that consuming fish loaded with omega-3 fatty acids such as mackerel or salmon can reduce blood pressure significantly. You can also use fish oil pills which will help to prevent the onset of high blood pressure. Make sure to go wild while purchasing salmon for avoiding pollutants and contaminants out there. Moreover, try to roast the fish in the oven prior to consuming it.
3. Beets – These food items are known for their nutritional benefits. Apart from helping to lower blood pressure, these are also known for their anti-inflammatory attributes and will aid in enhancing athletic performance as well. These contain high amounts of nitrates which become transformed into nitric oxide after digestion. Nitric oxide allows the blood vessels to dilate which helps to reduce blood pressure. Make sure to roast beets and add them to salads or juices.
4. Berries – Berries happen to be powerful antioxidants and they likewise aid in lowering blood pressure by relaxing the arteries. According to some studies, Anthocyanins, which are responsible for providing blueberries with their blue shade, might be endowed with blood pressure-reducing attributes. You can easily add frozen blueberries to smoothies or fresh berries can also be sliced up on yogurt, salads, or granola.
5. Banana – Apart from being low in the content of sodium and also being sweet, bananas likewise help in lowering blood pressure. You can incorporate more of this particular fruit into your daily diet by adding it to your cereal, bread, cake, milkshakes, and smoothies. Otherwise, try sautéing or grilling banana halves and then use frozen yogurt for topping it.
It will be possible to reduce high blood pressure with a healthy lifestyle and balanced diet before it becomes quite late. Regular workouts and a nutritious diet are the keys.