Not-to-miss Things to do in Belgrade
Planning a trip to Serbia? Here are the best things to see and do in Belgrade. From its fortresses to its cobblestone streets, Belgrade has its own charm
Start typing here! You can add more paragraphs, images, videos, and more by clicking the icons in the toolbar!
Belgrade destroyed and built almost 44 times has a history that is more than seven thousand years old. In the last century itself, this small capital of Serbia had been bombed during the First World War, Second World War and by NATO. The Serbian clock-manufacturing industry is the oldest in the world. Some of the Things to do in Belgrade, a city that changed its name as many as 15 times, include: -
- Visit the Republic Square that bears the statue of Prince Michael.
- Don’t miss the 2000 years old Belgrade Fortress on the banks of rivers Danube and Sava.
- The cobbled streets of Skadarlija that is popular for its cafes, kabanas and live music.
- St. Sava Church, the largest church in the Balkan region is also a must visit. It is also the second largest in the world.
- The natural setting of Ada Ciganlija surrounded by elm and oak forests. This place is a popular tourist site for even the locals where they jog, row, enjoy nature and even kayak around.
- The other thing to do in Belgrade is a visit to the pedestrian street of Knez Mihailova. This is the shopping centre for Belgradians and surely one that must be visited by tourists.
- The Gardos Tower or the Millennium Tower that was constructed in 1896 and was made in honor of 1000 years of Hungarian settlement.
- Zemun, that was a different country some hundred years back but now is part of Belgrade.
- The Radio Television building of Serbia that has not been operational ever since the building was bombed by NATO in 1999. The building has been kept as it is as a monument in memory of the event.
- The Military of Defense and Defense Headquarters building that is also a crippled site as of now, ever since the NATO bombings in 1999.
- The Nikola Tesla Museum is another monument worth visit. Nikola Tesla was a physicist and is a Serbian hero.
Visiting Australia? Here are the best Things to do in Australia
1. A road trip on the Great Ocean Road, a 151 miles long road that is the finest road trips on this planet.
2. Walk down the graffiti drawn street of Melbourne.
3. Visit Brighton Beach that is famous the world over for the brightly colored Brighton Boxes.
4. The Queen Victoria Market is a famous place for shopping in Melbourne.
5. One of the most recommended things to do in Australia is the visit to the Great Barrier Reef. It is world’s largest reef and is a composite system made up of 3000 reef systems.
6. The Blue Mountains in New South Wales is another ideal location for visit. Other than the scenic beauty of the place, visitors can enjoy cycling, hiking, horseback riding, canyoning etc.
7. Bondi Beach on the shores of Pacific Ocean is another iconic place of Australia. Tourists can surf and sun-bathe here to their fill.
8. One of the best things to do here is to catch a glimpse of the Cape Pillar Sea Cliffs in Tasmania. They are tallest in the Southern Hemisphere and stand tall at a height on 900 ft over the ocean.