Here Is Why Burlington Sports Therapy Is Essential For an Athlete
Chiropractic is a non-invasive hands-on treatment aimed at correcting the diseases and injuries of bones, muscles and the nerves.
Health is one of the biggest concerns for people of all the ages as the human body is prone to various diseases and ailments. Thankfully, due to the advancement of medical science, different types of treatments are available now. They are usually specific to the etiology of the ailment and some provide symptomatic treatment only.
Understanding chiropractic treatment
Chiropractic is a type of alternative medicine applied after the diagnosis of diseases of mechanical origin within the neuromusculoskeletal system. Like Burlington sports therapy, this form of treatment has many other divisions, specifically applied as per the requirement of the patient. The treatment mainly involves manipulation of the spine, moveable joints and soft tissues. The physicians do not prescribe drugs in this form of treatment.
Injuries from sports
Almost every sport comes with the risk of injuries. Here are some of the common ones:
- Acute sport injuries
- Shoulder dislocation
- Shoulder dislocation
- Tear of tendons, ligaments and muscles
- Foot and ankle dysfunction
- Injuries involving the hand
Fast recovery depends on the following factors
Several factors put together determine the recovery period of an injured person. Knowing this is essential for getting back to the activity as soon as possible.
1. Time interval between getting the injury and start of treatment: It is crucial that the delay between injury and treatment should not exceed more than two days. This is because scar tissues will develop over time, hence leading to impaired healing and suboptimal performance of the involved body part. On top of that, if you leave the injury unattended, it will become chronic and result in further complications.
2. The appropriate therapy: The correct therapy from the right chiropractor will determine how fast an injury heals. The appropriate therapy is more likely to completely heal the injury in a shorter period of time.
Approach to treatment
The treatment is highly specific to the sport performed. Burlington sports therapy involves unique treatment plans, specifically personalized for every individual. The plans include:
A. Acute care and physiotherapy: This reduces inflammation and ultimately speeds up recovery. This approach involves use of alternate heat and cold therapy, medical acupuncture, ultrasound therapy and electrical therapies like micro-current, TENS and interferential current.
a. Therapy of the soft tissues: This relieves muscular spasms and increases blood flow to the injured tissues like tendons, muscles and ligaments.
b. A personalized exercise program: Any such program aims at strengthening the injured tissues. The therapist may suggest some regular exercises and important instructions for exercises to take home.
Regardless of what sports injury it is, timely attention could help heal the injury quicker. The sole objective of chiropractic sports therapy is to help heal quicky without affecting the patient's activities of daily living. Hence, a consultation with Burlington sports therapy experts is always recommended.