Top rated Yonkers dentists are using the latest equipment and techniques
An uneven bite after a filling is very common and can easily be fixed by your affordable dentist open on Saturday if that fits best in your schedule. Getting the correct bite is important for a number of reasons, including maintaining your smile and preventing future dental problems. A teeth bite adjustment by a dentist open Sunday is achievable in the Yonkers.
Even if you’ve always had a correct bite, it’s still possible to develop an uneven bite after a filling. An uneven bite is described as a bite that’s obviously misaligned in some way. When your teeth aren’t aligned properly, your upper teeth may overlap considerably over your lower teeth. Your teeth look crooked or twisted and can affect your appearance.
An uneven bite affects more than just your looks too. When your teeth don’t fit together properly, you can develop poor eating habits, suffer needlessly from headaches and experience a host of other issues. Talk to your top Yonkers dentist about some of the options available to help you develop a correct bite.
Diagnosing an Uneven Bite after a Filling
When checking for a correct bite after a filling, simply close your teeth together and squeeze. This shouldn’t cause any pain or discomfort. You should also feel all of your teeth coming together at once. Try grinding your teeth together in various directions. You shouldn’t feel any discomfort here either.
Your dentist performs this test in the office after he fills a cavity, but the composites used to create the filling can sometimes shift and become misplaced slightly. When this occurs, you can call your dentist in the Yonkers and arrange a visit with a Sunday dentist if necessary.
Causes of Uneven Bites
Various reasons for a teeth bite adjustment exist. And they can happen at any age. You have a family dentist in the Yonkers who can treat everyone from the youngest to the oldest. No one has to live with an uneven bite when you have dentists open on Saturday to treat the problem.
Some of the causes of an uneven bite include:
- Loss of teeth in childhood because of cavities
- Losing teeth as an adult without quickly replacing them
- Incorrectly finished orthodontic work
- Uneven crowns
- Children who sucked their thumbs
An Uneven Bit Can Lead to Problems
Besides affecting the way you look, a misaligned bite causes other issues. With a correct bite, your teeth align with the midline of your face and give you an even appearance, as well as promoting healthy eating and oral care.
After years of training and experience, a dentist open on Saturday can spot this misalignment easily. You also should report other problems that you may or may not even realize are caused by the uneven bite, including:
- Frequent headaches. When your teeth and jaw don’t work together properly, over time, your jaw muscles grow strained, causing chronic headaches.
- Teeth Grinding. When you notice yourself grinding or clenching your teeth, it’s often because your teeth are striving for symmetry.
- Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Dysfunction. Once again, your jaw muscles grow tired from their attempt to compensate for your uneven bite. TMJ dysfunction is discomfort in your jaw or clicking in your ear while chewing. This occurs because of the strain an uneven bite places on your jaw while you chew, yawn and talk.
- If you have a severe problem with your bite, it may cause you to snore. The reason behind it is your overbite pinches off your airway, causing breathing problems.
- Damaged dental work, such as crowns and caps grow loose and fail over time. This is due to the impact that occurs when improperly aligned tooth surfaces clash together as you chew. Left untreated, decay creeps in, causing cavities, tiny cracks, fissures and even tooth loss.
Pressure from an uneven bite doesn’t only cause your dental work to fail, it also harms healthy teeth. This pressure creates worn spots on the surface of your teeth. Enamel then starts quickly wearing away, causing overly sensitive teeth and making the tooth even more prone to decay.
Treatment for a Teeth Bite Adjustment
There’s good news. You shouldn’t suffer from an incorrect bite any longer. Treatment is available regardless of your age that alleviates your pain and improves your overall health. Ask your top Yonkers dentists open on Saturday about the benefits of Invisalign, an appliance that works well for young and old and is nearly invisible.
You may require other, more extensive procedures such as tooth extraction before the braces can work effectively, but the discomfort, pain and uneven appearance you’ve been living with can be alleviated rather quickly. Don’t hesitate to call your family dentist in the Yonkers, who happens to be a highly trained and experienced cosmetic dentist too and can provide you with teeth bite adjustment at your convenience.
Do you have any questions about the Uneven Bite (correct bite, teeth adjustment) procedure in Yonkers, Westchester NY? For more information or to schedule an appointment with the best Yonkers dentists, please contact our dental clinic for consultation.
Park Avenue Smiles
169 Park Ave,
Yonkers, NY 10703
+1 (914) 965-3864
Enter Credit Information