The First Song is the centrepiece of your Wedding reception and enables you to share the story of your love through music and dance.
It may be that special tune that played during your first date or when he/she first proposed; or one that reflects your fun personalities and views about love and life.
If you’re on the quest for the most meaningful and/or fun songs for your First Dance, take a listen to danceScape’s Top 10 First Dance Songs, as shared (and danced) by some of our Wedding students:
- Thinking Out Loud (Ed Sheeran) - Rumba
- A Thousand Years (Christina Perri) - Viennese Waltz
- Save the Last Dance for Me (Michael Buble) - Cha Cha
- All I Do is Dream of You (Michael Buble) - Jive/Swing
- Say Hey/I Love You (Michael Franti & Spearhead) - Salsa
- Come Away with Me (Norah Jones) - Slow/English Waltz
- What a Wonderful World (Louis Armstrong) - Foxtrot
- The Rose (Westlife) - Foxtrot
- (Everything I Do) I Do It For You (Bryan Adams) - Foxtrot or Rumba
- Rest of My Life (Bruno Mars) - Rumba
Not only can the songs be danced as a single Dance style, but those seeking to showcase their fun personalities can also use multiple songs in a “Mash-Up” of dance styles that will surprise and delight family and friends. Check out our full Wedding Dance Music Playlist at www.dancescape.TV as well as music tutorials on our Radio Podcasts at Anchor.fm.
For those with your Wedding Day fast approaching, make sure you leave enough time to prepare for your First Dance.
danceScape’s Wedding Dance Crash Course online programs are specifically designed for absolute beginners — no prior Ballroom, Latin, or Salsa experience necessary. You can also learn using Skype, Google Hangout, or our Video App. Like our facebook LIVE page at www.facebook.com/dancescapeTV and start learning today with some of our free lessons.
Plus, danceScape hosts formal Open Houses in our downtown Burlington (2077 Pine Street) where you can bring your First music ideas and we can help you to identify the Dance Style! You, your parents and Bridal party can also try out FREE Dance lessons in Ballroom, Salsa/Latin, Jive/Swing, danceTONE Fitness and Wedding Dance Crash Course. Ask about our other studio/satellite locations. Call 905 633-8808, Email email@example.com or register online at www.dancescape.com/openhouse. #shallwedance?