Up Close and Personal with Your Local Businesses
Featuring Lucie Fournier, Founder of FOURNIER disAbility & Health Management Solutions
Would you like to connect with us? We would love to hear from you. Just click on "Talk to Us" button above and ask away!
Lucie M.H. Fournier is the Founder of FOURNIER disAbility & Health Management Solutions and is a Workplace Health Strategist with an expertise in disability and claims management for the workplace. She has a recognized average Return on Investment of 1:7 for employers while fully managing claims. She provides customized and results oriented claims management services in:
- Absenteeism Management
- Attendance Management
- Sick Time/Salaried Continuance & Short Term Disability claims management
- Long Term Disability case management
- WSIB claims, medical and financial management for employers across Ontario.
What are Health Management Solutions?
With many years in the Occupational Health Nursing field, specializing in disAbility Management, Lucie is fully cognizant of the challenges facing Human Resources and management teams in managing a range of organizational health issues, including claims management, accommodations, return to work and wellness.
Lucie’s education and experience is varied:
- Registered Nurse
- Certified Occupational Health Nurse
- Management positions
- Expertise in disAbility Management
- Excellent knowledge in Human Rights as it relates to disabilities and accommodations, ESA, OHSA, WSIA, PHIPA, and others
- Various Health & Safety courses, basic Ergonomics and Physical Demands analysis, medical surveillance and others
With her degree in Psychology, years as a Registered Nurse and Certified Occupational Health Nurse, Lucie is a proponent of addressing Mental Health in the workplace and strongly recommends companies educate themselves on the Psychological Health & Safety of the employee.
Lucie offers the following additional expertise for her clients:
- Complex Case Management of cases open greater than 12 weeks
- Mental Health accommodations and return to work
- Advanced level training for case managers and employers wanting to have a significant impact on their strategic objectives for reducing absenteeism and associated costs
- Transitional Leadership FROM a 3rd party disAbility Management company to establishing an in-house team of experts
- Transitional Leadership TO a 3rd party disAbility Management company and dissolving your present claims management team
- Claims & Disability Management of Absences when it involves Senior Executives, Management Personnel, Human Resources professionals and In-House Case Managers
- Providing alternatives to outsourcing
Transformational Mental Health
Lucie believes that simply providing employee health benefits no longer meets the needs of the employee, or the organization. Employers must be leaders in promoting Health & Wellness in order to permanently reduce employee benefit costs along with absenteeism costs. She believes the workplace is an ideal partner in this endeavor.
To further provide employers with expertise in Wellness, Lucie continued her education:
- Diploma in Homeopathic Medicine and Health Sciences
- Valedictorian of her class 2011
- Reiki Master
- Various other holistic health programs
By bringing complementary health solutions to a traditional model, Lucie brings health and wellness to the employer, and assists both the employer and the injured or ill employee back to health and back to work.
To reach Lucie, please click here.