Fried Gluten-Free Donuts
Looking for a tasty donut recipe? These Fried Gluten-Free Donuts are perfect for you. Though they’re gluten-free, they taste like real fried donuts!
Coconut flour is a bit tricky to work with in the kitchen. However, we managed to accomplish something healthy out of it. They’re called Fried Gluten-Free Donuts! Check out the recipe below.
For the Doughnuts:
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon Coco Treasure Organics Coconut Sugar
- ¼ cup erythritol
- ¼ cup Coco Treasure Organics Extra Virgin Coconut Oil melted
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 pcs. large eggs
- Coco Treasure Organics Extra Virgin Coconut Oil for frying
For the Coating:
- ½ cup powdered erythritol
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes toasted lightly
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a donut pan evenly.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the erythritol, coconut flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Add the eggs, almond milk, coconut oil, coconut sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Fill the donut pan with the batter. About 2/3 of the hole should be fine as it will rise.
- Bake until the edges become brown. Let it cool for about 5 minutes before transferring onto a cooling rack.
- Fill a large skillet with frying oil. Set to medium heat.
- While the oil is heating, combine the powdered erythritol and coconut flakes in a medium-sized bowl.
- Fry the donuts in the skillet. Flip after two minutes to cook the other side.
- Dip the donuts in the coconut coating.
- Allow to cool before serving.
If you think these gluten-free donuts taste great, then you’d also love these Gluten-Free Gingerbread Cookies!