Chewy Gluten-Free Cookies
Here is an easy homemade gluten-free cookie recipe that is hard to resist. Who knew that we can still enjoy great food even in the absence of gluten?
Giving up cookies is such a hard thing to do. It’s even almost impossible. C’mon! Can you imagine life without it? We can’t. That is why we gave them a healthier twist and made these Chewy Gluten-Free Cookies.
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ oz. tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 pc. egg yolk
- 1 pc. whole egg
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 8 ounces unsalted butter
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- Place a medium-sized saucepan over low heat. Melt butter. Once it has melted, pour it over a mixing bowl.
- In a medium-sized bowl, sift the brown rice flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, salt, cornstarch, and tapioca flour. Set aside.
- In the bowl with butter, add both sugars. Using a mixer, cream together at a medium speed for at least one minute. And then, add the egg yolk and the whole egg. Mix well.
- Slowly add the flour mixture. Mix well to combine. Add the semisweet chocolate chips. Again, mix.
- Chill the dough for an hour.
- Once the dough is firm, prepare the oven and set it to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Take the dough and shape it into 2-ounce balls. Place them on the sheets, ideally 6 pieces per sheet.
- Bake the dough for 14 minutes. After which, let the cookies cool on a cooling rack for a minute or two.
Could this be the best gluten-free cookie recipe? Well, they’re incredibly satisfying, like any cookie should be. What do you think? Let us know by sharing your thoughts in the comment box below.