No-Bake Coconut Bars
No-bake coconut bars are perfect on warm days when the thought of turning on the oven makes you want to forget about dessert all together--almost!
No-bake coconut bars are perfect when time is short or on warm days when the thought of turning on the oven makes you want to forget about dessert all together–almost. These salty-sweet bars are not only an easy fix, but they are packed with healthy ingredients you can feel good about serving your family, guests and yourself!
Delicious No-Bake Coconut Bars
- 2/3 cup unsweetened, un-sulphured shredded coconut
- 2 cups raw walnuts (substitute almonds or walnuts if preferred)
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Coco Treasure Organic Coconut Nectar Syrup or raw honey
- Evenly spread shredded coconut on an ungreased baking sheet and toast in a preheated 350-degree oven for approximately 2 minutes. Stir, and cook for 2 more minutes or until the coconut is lightly golden and fragrant. Remove coconut from baking sheet so it does not continue to brown.
- Put nuts on the same baking sheet and place in the oven for approximately 5 minutes or until they are fragrant.
- Place the coconut, walnuts, dates, salt and cinnamon in a food processor. Pulse until the mixture is crumb-like. Add the orange zest, organic extra virgin coconut oil and organic coconut nectar syrup. Continue pulsing until the mixture forms a solid lump similar to a pie crust. If too dry, add an additional teaspoon of organic extra virgin coconut oil.
- Line an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper or brush with more organic extra virgin coconut oil. Lightly press the mixture firmly into the pan, creating an even layer. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 15 minutes. Slice into three even bars and slice each bar into three squares for 9 equal portions. Wrap each portion in wax paper and store in the refrigerator.