Crunchy Coconut Shrimp with Lime
Love to cook and eat shrimp? Try Coco Treasure's coconut shrimp with lime and coconut oil recipe to ensure a crispy outcome. Enjoy the coconutty goodness.
Who doesn’t love coconut shrimp? They’re crunchy, sweet and savory all in one shrimp-sized package. And so versatile, they’re perfect as an appetizer, to top a green salad or as an entrée served with rice and stir-fried vegetables. Using natural coconut oil to quick-fry the coated shrimp enriches the coconutty goodness and ensures a crisp, crunchy outcome every time.
Now, because you love shrimps and coconuts so much, we’ll introduce you to one flavorful recipe that makes use of both delicious ingredients. Warning, this tastes so good that you might end up asking for more. Here you go.
- 4 tablespoons Coco Treasure Unrefined Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- ½ cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 2 egg whites
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- 1 lb. large shrimp deveined and peeled
- In a shallow pan, mix the bread crumbs, shredded coconut, salt and chili pepper until ingredients are well incorporated.
- Use a mixer to whip the egg whites into a soft meringue.
- Dip shrimp into the egg mixture and then into the bread crumb mixture to coat. For best results, you should check if the shrimp is evenly coated with the egg before dipping into the bread crumb mixture.
- Heat coconut oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Oil should be hot but not smoking. (After being breaded, the shrimp can hold several minutes while oil comes to temperature.)
- Place shrimp into the skillet without crowding. Cook for approximately two minutes on each side or until the breading is golden and crispy.
- Dress shrimp with a light squeeze of fresh lime juice and serve immediately.
- Looking at the ingredients alone, you’re probably thinking about having it on your lunch and dinner menu. It just perfectly pairs with rice, indeed, a great weekend meal option. To taste is to believe!