Rolled Coconut Cookies
Coconut cookies are always delicious. Make these fast by preparing the dough one day then refrigerate it overnight to shape and bake the next day.
Coconut cookies are always delicious, but many of the recipes yield rustic, dropped style cookies. Not that there’s anything wrong with a rustic cookie, we love them! But sometimes you need something just a little more special. Rolled cookies are both elegant and fun. By using seasonal cookie cutters you can customize this recipe for any occasion–or no occasion at all. This easy version of a rolled cookie won’t have you laboring in the kitchen for hours. But you can speed up the process even more by making the dough one day and refrigerate it overnight to shape and bake the next day.
- Fast and Easy Rolled Coconut Cookies
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon Coco Treasure Unrefined Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons Coco Treasure Organic Coconut Jam or honey
- ¼ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- Place the first four ingredients in a large bowl. Cut organic extra virgin coconut oil into the dry ingredients until large crumbs form.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the egg and add the remaining ingredients. Stir until well incorporated.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture. Stir until a sticky dough forms. Cover and refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes. Remove from refrigerator and slice the dough in half. Rewrap and refrigerate one of the halves. Roll the portion of dough into uniform, ½ inch sheet. Cut out shapes or traditional round cookies. Transfer to a lightly oiled cookie sheet. Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for approximately 13 minutes or until cookies turn slightly golden and become firm. Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for one to two minutes before transferring to a cooking rack. Repeat with the second batch of dough.