Everything You Should Know About Bulletproof Coffee
Does bulletproof coffee ever ring a bell? If not, let this short post give you an idea. Here’s how you prepare it and its benefits.
Whether you have read about it in the magazine, heard of it in the radio, or tried it first-hand, bulletproof coffee is indeed the new talk of the town. But what’s with butter and oil that they are being used in place of cream and sugar in coffee?
When considered separately, these two ingredients don’t really make a balanced breakfast. However, when added to coffee, you make one powerful beverage that is said to offer lots of health benefits – bulletproof coffee.
What Is Bulletproof Coffee?
Essentially, bulletproof coffee is a hot coffee that is considered as an entire breakfast. Introduced by Dave Asprey, this coffee recipe claims to have cognitive benefits and weight loss perks. Since it was created, entrepreneurs in Silicon Valley and some sports enthusiasts enjoyed drinking it.
It was in 2009 when Mr. Asprey first posted this recipe on his website. Now, it has taken the world by storm!
How to Prepare a Cup of Bulletproof Coffee
Here is the Coco Treasure version of “bulletproof” coffee with a decadent twist. Here’s what you need:
- 2 cups freshly brewed organic coffee
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted grass-fed butter
- 1 – 2 tablespoons of Coco Treasure Unrefined Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- Other sweeteners and spices are optional – Try Coco Treasure Coconut Nectar Syrup, Coco Treasure Coconut Chocolate Jam or Coco Treasure Organic Coconut Sugar to add a decadent sweetness.
How do you make it? Below are the steps to follow.
- Brew coffee.While your coffee is brewing, pour hot water into your blender to pre-heat it.
- While your coffee is brewing, pour hot water into your blender to pre-heat it.
- Once your blender is pre-heated, empty the hot water and add your coffee, coconut oil, and butter.
- For those who want a sweet twist to their bulletproof coffee, coconut jam, coconut chocolate jam, vanilla, or cinnamon can be added.Blend until a thick layer of foam is produced on top of your drink, at least 30 seconds but can go up to 2 minutes.
- Blend until a thick layer of foam is produced on top of your drink, at least 30 seconds but can go up to 2 minutes.Serve in your favorite mug or cup.
- Serve in your favorite mug or cup.
The Health Benefits
As with ordinary coffee, bulletproof coffee provides a plethora of health benefits. We’ve mentioned a few below.
1. Weight Loss
Due to the medium-chain triglycerides or MCTs found in coconut oil, it is believed that consuming this coffee can lead to weight loss while providing a lasting source of energy.
2. Added Energy Boost
Research suggests that medium-chain fatty acids in this coffee can help increase energy production. That is because, unlike long-chain fatty acids, the MCFAs are quickly absorbed by the body.
At the end of the day, this still is that needed Cup of Joe just with a unique energy source. While it may work for some, for others it just may not be their cup of tea. It’s up to you to figure out where you fall between the two. Now, are you willing to have a cup of bulletproof coffee and wake up to a better and healthier morning? Give it a shot!