10 Must-Know Cyber Security Interview Questions and Answers 2022
As Cyber security is rapidly growing and it's more difficult for beginners to crack the Interview. Here is the list of Cyber security Interview Questions
The word "cyber security" is one that is not go ignored. Every other day or instant, it makes a lot of noise in the news, the media, or the workplace next door. It is also expected in this digital age.
At this point, it's becoming an unwritten norm that everyone should be aware of certain basic cyber security concepts and challenges, even if they aren't directly involved.
As a result, we've put together a list of the top 15 must-know Cyber Security Questions and Answers for 2022, which will help you ace the interview and land a lucrative career.
The field of cyber security is rapidly growing, and connected individuals are becoming increasingly concerned. Every day, a big cyber security story makes the news. Clearly, the field is becoming increasingly harder to comprehend and handle. All things considered, higher awareness is required before moving forward with a complete sustainable solution.
The unfortunate reality is that cyber security is more of a personal and corporate concern than a technological one.
As a result, we've compiled a list of the most frequently requested cyber security questions and answers.
How should I encrypt my email communications?
Pretty Good Privacy [PGP] is software that can encrypt email transmissions. It is used to sign, encrypt, and decrypt emails, files, text messages, directories, data, even entire disc partitions. Most businesses today use PGP to secure their communications.
PGP employs a secret private key and a public key that the sender and receiver share. The receiver can confirm the sender's identity and the content's integrity. If the mail was tampered with on route, the receiver would be notified.
How can I securely access my PC desktop from a remote device?
You can connect to your PC from any Internet-connected device. Some of the popular software and web service options for connecting include Team Viewer, Log Mein, GoToMyPC, and others.
This software allows for the simple transfer of files, video chats, and mobile apps. It is convenient to access your PC while on the go.
What is the protocol used to broadcast messages to all devices?
The communication protocol used in video or game streaming is the Internet Group Management Protocol [IGMP]. This communication protocol allows communication devices and nearby routers to send packets across the network more easily.
In cryptography, what is done to hide the message?
To execute encryption or decryption, a cipher, or algorithm, is used. It is used to safeguard e-mails, corporate data, and payment card information.
The communication can only be read by the sender and the receiver.
What exactly is a social engineering attack?
In terms of information security, it is a psychological manipulation of the human to reveal secret data.
Social engineering is primarily based on the six influence principles of Authority, Commitment and consistency, Liking, Reciprocity, Scarcity, and Social Proof.
- Authority: People tend to obey authority persons even if they are not willing to commit unpleasant activities.
- Commitment and Consistency: People are more likely to keep their commitment even if the original motivation has been gone for personal reasons.
- Liking: People are easily persuaded to perform if they like the individual and are urged to do so by the person.
- Reciprocity: People are generally helpful. They are more likely to return the favor and indulge as directed.
- Scarcity: Scarcity drives demand, whether it is actual or perceived. It motivates the individual to carry out the instructions.
- Social Proof: It is generally accepted that people are more likely to do something if others are also doing them. It is the matching of attitudes and behavior to group norms.
What are the dangers of using public Wi-Fi?
Despite having independent data plans, the general populace prefers Wi-Fi since it is fast and free.
However, there are certain security concerns with Wi-Fi. Among the public Wi-Fi attacks include brute-force attacks, war-driving, sniffing, karma attacks, and so on. It would undoubtedly impede data transmitted through the network, such as passwords, emails, addresses, credit card information, surfing history, and so on.
This could be reduced by utilizing routers that are only encrypted with WPA2.
It is also recommended to take the following actions when connected to public Wi-Fi.
- Turn off data sharing on public networks.
- Always keep the firewall turned on.
- For critical procedures, only use secure websites.
- Using the Virtual Private Network [VPN], encrypt the IP address.
- Remember to turn off the Wi-Fi after you've finished your task.
- Keep your system up to speed with the newest version and patches.
- Use the most recent and dependable antivirus to keep your PC malware-free.
- Only use a good anti-spyware solution[s] to browse the sites.
- Avoid making any financial transactions over insecure public Wi-Fi.
- Check that you have the most recent browser with security fixes.
- As an added security safeguard, use two-factor authentication.
I'm connecting to my neighbor's unsecured Wi-Fi. Is it feasible that they obtained my login ID and password?
Yes, your IP address, passwords, GPS tracking, and other information can be accessed. It could be a trap, similar to the Honey pot, set up to detect data or prevent unauthorized use of the neighbor's network. If your neighbor is tech-savvy, the connection could be exploited to hack the device, obtain access to the system, or ascribe the undesired surfing history to you.
Why Mac OS is reliable?
There are currently no cyber security solutions that can promise to be completely safe. Still, compared to Windows, the occurrence of cyber attacks in Mac OS may be lower. Macs operate on Apple machines and are hence less prone to hardware/software failure.
What is a Firewall?
A firewall is a device that sits between trustworthy and untrusted networks. One can configure or define rules that allow or prevent traffic as needed.
How to prevent identity thefts?
Identity theft is the stealing of a victim's personal information and its use for illegal reasons. It is the most common sort of fraud that can result in financial losses and can sometimes lead to criminal charges because the victim is personified.