Andhra Pradesh: Terrible fire at Covid Center in Vijayawada, 7 dead so far
Vijayawada: A big news has come from Andhra Pradesh amid the coronavirus epidemic. There was a fire in a covid center in Vijayawada, 7 people have died in this accident, while many are injured. This covid center was built at the Swarna Palace Hotel in Vijayawada.
Corona-infected patients were kept at the Swarna Palace Hotel in Vijayawada. There were about 30 corona patients here. Many of these were burnt in the fire, according to the police, 7 people died, the number of dead could increase. According to Vijayawada Police Commissioner, 7 people have died, all the bodies have been taken out.
It is being told that there is a fire due to the short circuit. Fire Department is extinguishing the fire, rescue work is going on. It was told that the fire started at 5 am.
Due to the sudden fire, many people jumped from fear, they are also badly injured. Some videos have also come from outside the covid center, in which people are hanging in the windows behind the hotel and trying to protect themselves from fire and smoke.
Earlier on Thursday, a fire broke out in Gujarat’s covid hospital. In this, 8 corona patients were killed. The fire was reported from Ahmedabad’s covid hospital. While expressing grief, PM Modi had announced a grant of Rs 2 lakh to the family of the deceased.
The district collector said that the accident took place at around 5 am. About 22 patients have been sent to safer places and are undergoing treatment. Right now we are trying to evacuate the entire building, the fire has been extinguished. According to the primary report, the reason for the fire is shot circuit, but the cause will have to be ascertained.
Chief Minister Jaganmohan Reddy mourned the deaths due to the fire and inquired about the cause of the accident. He directed the concerned authorities to take relief measures and recruit the injured in nearby hospitals.