Suppressing News Article Online: How To Do It The Right Way?
The Internet has become an integral part of our daily lives and tons of available information largely impacts our judgment or decision. In this digital era, whe
The Internet has become an integral part of our daily lives and tons of available information largely impacts our judgment or decision. In this digital era, when any negative article is released online, it can be easily read or re-posted by anyone around the world in no time. Any suppress negative content can adversely affect an individual’s or company’s reputation, evoking negative perception in the mind of the people.
That is why organizations strive hard to take down, hide or suppress negative information from the Internet by using various tools available. However, even if the organization is able to delete the negative content from the original website, there are still chances of it being circulated around the market. This is where online reputation repair tools and strategies come into the picture.
With the help of these tools, you can ‘suppress’ the negative articles on the Internet while bringing up positive stories in the search engine results. Though removing negative news online is a challenging task, with the help of a reputation management company, things can be streamlined to a great extent as they use advanced search engine optimization, content marketing, social media marketing, and brand building to give you the best results.
So by using the right online reputation tools, it is easier to take down the negative news articles. Here are some steps to do the same:
• Contact the publisher or the editor: The editor will remove the article in two cases-
1. If the content is reported as false or inaccurate.
2. If there is a use of defamatory language in the article or comments.
Once you prove that the information in the article violates the privacy of an individual or organization, the publisher will delete the article from his official website immediately. But, it should also be noted that many newspaper companies or Web bloggers will either refuse to respond or will charge heavy fees for removing the negative content.
• Filing a defamation suit: You can also file a legal defamation suit against the publisher if the content tends to harm the reputation of the plaintiff. In that case, the publisher has to permanently delete the article from the original source and also compensate the plaintiff in monetary terms. However, this process is very complex and time-consuming and requires a law professional.
• Hiring an ORM Professional: A well-trained ORM Professional can give a refreshing dose of good news over the negative news items and enhance the social media persona by fuelling good publicity to your company. These professionals use several online reputation tools such as proactive and reactive suppression to frame a robust strategy that is more result-oriented and cost-effective as well. The professionals undertake campaigns to suppress the negative articles within six to twelve months, helping you to gain a competitive edge with a fresh outlook once again.
REMOVE NEWS ARTICLES FROM THE INTERNET
Maintaining a good reputation is important. It not just attracts prospects towards the business but also distinguishes you from your competitors. This also creates growth opportunities and builds resiliency for the non-supporters. So having a reputed reputation management company by your side is a must in today’s digital world.